ONCAMPUS Southampton is based in the vibrant City of Southampton, within easy reach of the prestigious and pioneering University of Southampton. Ranked UK top 15* and global top 100**, the University of Southampton is a leading research-intensive university and a founding member of the Russell Group.
On successful completion of one of the undergraduate or master’s foundation programmes, international students have the opportunity to progress to a range of innovative programmes at the University of Southampton.
* (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021)
** (QS World University Rankings, 2021)
Why ONCAMPUS Southampton?
Top 100 Global University
(QS World University Rankings, 2021)
UK Top 15 University
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021)
Located in Southampton, on the spectacular South Coast of England
- A wide range of support services are available to students, including around the clock wellbeing support, sports facilities, library services and careers and employability support.
- Southampton has been ranked the world's leading University Business Incubator (SETsquared ranked no. 1 by UBI Global) and provides a range of entrepreneurship and enterprise opportunities to students through initiatives such as FutureWorlds and the Social Impact Lab.
- Southampton is a University Partner of The Alan Turing Institute, the UK's national institute for data science and artificial intelligence and the UK government has recognised the University as an Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research.
- Southampton graduates are recruited by high-profile organisations such as Apple, Ernst & Young, IBM, the BBC and the NHS. University of Southampton graduates are also part of a global community of over 220,000 alumni.
- Southampton is committed to improving sustainability and operating with a cleaner, greener and healthier approach, managing the impact on the planet through the internationally certified Environmental Management System.
Visit the University of Southampton website
University of Southampton is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business, Maths and Social Sciences
- Southampton Business School is top 10 in the UK for Marketing (Complete University Guide 2021) and accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM).
- Southampton Business School is accredited by prestigious international organisations including AACSB, AMBA and CIMA.
- Finance students are able to access world-class databases like WRDS, Datastream, FAME and Boardex.
- The University has close connections with highly respected companies including Microsoft and JP Morgan, giving students access to real projects, industry experience and prestigious work placements.
- World top 40 and 8th in the UK for Statistics and Operational Research (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020).
- The University has industry standard facilities such as the Bloomberg Trading Suite and Experimental Laboratory.
- Ranked 11th in the UK for Education (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Ranked 9th in the UK for Criminology (Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021).
Arts and Humanities
- The University of Southampton’s galleries, archives, theatres and performance spaces put creativity and culture at the centre of your learning.
- Ranked 2nd in the UK for Music (Guardian University Guide 2021).
- Ranked top 10 in the UK for Philosophy, Archaeology and Forensic Studies, Film, Communication and Media Studies and Modern Languages and Linguistics (Guardian University Guide 2021, Times Good University Guide 2021).
- 99% of English research is recognised as world leading or internationally excellent (latest Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
- Winchester School of Art (WSA) is one of only a few specialist art schools in the Russell Group and is ranked top 20 in the UK for Art & Design (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide).
- WSA has exceptional studio space and facilities, including industry standard pattern-cutting equipment, digital printers, laser-cutting and 3D print technology, an Interaction and Prototyping Laboratory (iLab), Shima Sheiki and Dubied knitting machines, a Mimaki printer and a TC2 loom.
- WSA has a leading employability-focused curriculum taught by lecturers who are experienced practitioners. Students can gain industry exposure through networking, live briefs and internship opportunities, alongside employability-focused modules to help prepare students for their future careers in the creative industries.
- WSA have a range of industry partnerships and memberships including UKFT (UK Fashion & Textile Association), BFC (British Fashion Council), Women in Games, UKIE and the IDM (Institute for Data & Marketing).
Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Engineering courses at Southampton are accredited by sector leading organisations such as the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, the Institute of Acoustics, the Institution of Civil Engineers, Royal Institution of Naval Architects, Institution of Engineering and Technology, the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology - getting our students closer to the enhanced career prospects of a Chartered Engineer.
- The University's exceptional engineers have recently been awarded the Royal Academy of Engineering President’s Special Award for the development of personal respirators to protect health workers fighting COVID-19.
- Southampton is the only UK university with in-house audiology and auditory implant services and our courses are taught by research-active clinical scientists, audiologists, speech therapists and cochlear implant specialists.
- Outstanding Electronic and Electrical Engineering teaching has been recognised with a prestigious UK National Teaching Fellowship.
- University of Southampton was awarded a Queen’s Anniversary Prize in recognition of our expertise in photonics and fibre optics and is proud of facilities such as the £120m Cleanroom Complex, which is home to the best photonics and nanoelectronics fabrication equipment and services in the UK.
- Students benefit from using extensive specialist facilities like our high-resolution 3D imaging centre, nanometrology lab, anechoic and reverberation chambers and the new £48m National Infrastructure Laboratory.
Environmental and Life Sciences
- The University of Southampton is home to The National Oceanography Centre Southampton (NOCS) which is one of the world’s largest centres devoted to research, teaching and technology in marine science.
- Ranked 8th in the UK for Geography and Environmental Studies (Guardian University Guide 2021).
- Academics are at the forefront of Geographical Technological development and remote sensing research, and the University is home to the renowned GeoData Institute.
- University of Southampton has the only UK geography department with a DNA lab, offering insight into past environmental change, as well as equipment such as our high-end geoprocessing suite and spectroscopy facilities.
- Students work with experts in their field and utilise the world-class research laboratories located in the unique purpose-built Life Sciences building.
- University of Southampton is accredited by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists and its courses are at the forefront of current practice and research.
- Purpose-built facilities include a multisensory environment, a biomechanics laboratory and a fully-equipped adapted flat used for assessment and rehabilitation of a patient in a community setting.