ONCAMPUS Reading is based on the main Whiteknights campus of the University of Reading, located in the large town of Reading and it is within easy reach of the global business hubs of London and Oxford. Ranked 169th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2024), Reading and its Henley Business School are known for world-recognised research and teaching excellence.
International students can enrol on numerous pathways via the Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP). A few of these are studied in London, with the Art & Design and Business pathways studied in Reading. There are also Master's pathways available in Business, Economics and Art which are delivered in Reading.
All pathways are offered with a guaranteed opportunity for progression to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at this historic UK university.
Progression to the Triple Accredited Henley Business School
(QS World University Rankings 2024)
in the world for three UN Sustainable Development Goals: Responsible Production and Consumption, Life on Land, and Climate Action
(THE Impact Rankings 2023)
Why University of Reading?
- The University of Reading ranks 169 in the QS World Rankings 2024 and in the top 200 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023.
- It is the 28th UK university in the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- Set in the beautiful Thames Valley with easy access to the global business hubs of London and Oxford - only 25 minutes by train!
- Henley Business School (HBS) at the University of Reading, one of the world Elite 100 Triple Crown Accredited business schools for its excellence in teaching, research, quality of graduates and is held in highest regard worldwide in the world of finance, investment, international business, trade, and industry.
- The University has an outstanding record of academic accomplishment with over 80% of undergraduates graduating with 1st or 2.1 degree*, and over 80% of postgraduates qualifying at Distinction or Merit*. This is a reflection of the university's mission to be people-centred and have real focus on individual student academic, personal, and professional career development. (*Across students who qualified in 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22).
- The University has been awarded a prestigious 2021 Queen’s Anniversary Prize in recognition of world-leading research, teaching, stewardship and outreach on climate change. It ranks in the top 10 in the world for three UN Sustainable Development Goals: Responsible Production and Consumption, Life on Land, and Climate Action (THE Impact Rankings 2023); 4th in the 2022/23 People & Plant University League; and has been shortlisted for 'Outstanding Contribution to Environmental Leadership' in the THE Awards 2023.
Reading is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business and Economics
- World-renowned Henley Business School, triple accredited (AACSB, AMBA AND EQUIS) set in the beautiful Whiteknights campus.
- 1st in the UK for Land and Property Management (Complete University Guide 2024)
- Top 15 in the UK for Marketing (Complete University Guide 2024)
- 96% of Accounting and Finance leavers are in work and/or study 15 months after the end of their course (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2020/21, includes first degree responders from Accounting and Finance).
- Destinations of our past Economics graduates have included the Civil Service Fast Stream, Goldman Sachs, Ofgem, and Deloitte.
- Industry connections include BMW, British Airways, BT, Capita, Citi, Cushman Wakefield, Deloitte, Disney, EY, HSBC, KPMG, Microsoft, Oracle, Porsche, SAP and Savills.
Art and Design
- 6th in the UK for Graphic Design (Guardian University Guide 2024)
- 13th in the UK for Art and Design (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024)
- Partnered with the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) and professional links with the Arts Council, Frieze Art Fair, Seoul Institute of Arts, Studio Voltaire, Tate Modern, Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Facilities include: New School of Art building from September 2023, 24-hour studio, student-run art gallery, digital media suites, audio-visual studio, wood and metal workshop, photographic darkrooms.
Film and Media
- 100% of leavers are in work and/or study 15 months after the end of their course (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2020/21, includes undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research responders from Film, Theatre and Television.)
- Professional partnerships with AusStage (Australia), the BBC, BFI (British Film Institute), Cinemateca Brasileira (Brazil), Fujitsu, IbsenStage (Norway), and RFT (Reading Film Theatre).
- Over 100 performances, films and television programmes are created in the Department each year.
- Facilities include three theatre spaces, a high-tech digital cinema, dedicated recording studio and mixing suites, a film and television studio, and suite of cutting rooms.
- Well-known alumni include multi-award winning musician and broadcaster Jamie Cullum; President of SyFy (formerly Sci Fi Channel) Dave Howe; award-winning film director Robin Bextor and former BBC Radio 1 film critic Rhianna Dhillon.
- Reading is one of the fastest growing screen industry hubs in the UK. The British Film Institute has recently invested £600,000 in our plan for screen skills training, together with Shinfield Studios, a huge film facility newly built on the University's Thames Valley Science Park. Click here to find out more!
Environmental and Life Sciences
- 4th in the world for Atmospheric Science (ShanghaiRanking 2022 Global Ranking of Academic Subjects).
- 1st in the UK and 16th in the world for Agriculture and Forestry (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023).
- 7th in the UK for Food Science (Complete University Guide 2024) and 7th in the UK for Nutrition and Food Science (Guardian University Guide 2024).
- Among the top 10 UK universities and top 100 in the world for Environmental and Physical Sciences (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023, Environmental Sciences, University of Reading is ranked 78th and is the 10th highest UK University; Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023 by Subject, Physical Sciences, University of Reading is ranked 81st and is the 8th highest UK university).
- Top 25 in the UK for Pharmacology and Pharmacy (Complete University Guide 2022).
- Access to world-class facilities such as University Farms, The Herbarium, Chemical Analysis Facility and more.
ONCAMPUS Reading brochure