Based on the London Road campus of the University of Reading, ONCAMPUS Reading is within easy reach of central London.
The University of Reading is an outstanding educational institution with an internationally renowned reputation for excellence in teaching and research - with 98% being of international standing*.
International students can enrol on numerous pathways via the Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP), a few of these are studied in London, with the Art & Design and Business pathways studied in Reading. There are also new Master's pathways available which have been added to our existing Art & Design pathway - all delivered in Reading.
All pathways are offered with a guaranteed opportunity for progression to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at this historic UK university.
*Based on submissions judged to be world-leading, internationally excellent and internationally recognised in overall quality by REF 2014).
Why University of Reading?
- £500m investment in student accommodation, teaching and research facilities
- The main campus, Whiteknights, is set in 130 hectares of beautiful parkland with easy access to London
- Reading University has won nine Green Flag awards and is one of the top public spaces in the UK
- The SportsPark features extensive indoor and outdoor facilities and includes the 145-station VO2 fitness studio
- Four-time winner of the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher Education
Reading is internationally recognised for excellence in:
- The department can trace its roots to 1860 and the founding of Reading School of Art.
- Partnered with the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) and professional links with the Arts Council, Frieze Art Fair, Seoul Institute of Arts, Studio Voltaire, Tate Modern, Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Facilities include: 24-hour studio, student-run art gallery, digital media suites, audio-visual studio, wood and metal workshop, photographic darkrooms.
- Celebrated alumni and former lecturers range from artists Walter Sickert, Stephen Buckley, and Terry Frost to 3 Turner Prize nominated artists among its many famous alumni, Mike Nelson, Cornelia Parker and Richard Wilson.
Business and Economics
- World-renowned Henley Business School, triple accredited (AACSB, AMBA AND EQUIS) set in the beautiful Whiteknights campus
- Industry connections include BMW, British Airways, BT, Capita, Citi, Cushman Wakefield, Deloitte, Disney, EY, HSBC, KPMG, Microsoft, Oracle, Porsche, SAP and Savills.
- 2nd in the UK for Land and Property Management (UG, Complete University Guide 2021)
- Number 5 for graduate career prospects in Business, Management and Marketing (UG, Guardian UK University Guide 2021)
- 5th for Masters in Finance (Out of all UK business schools included in the Financial Times Global Masters in Finance ranking 2020)
- Number 20 in the UK for overall undergraduate subject of Accounting and Finance (Complete University Guide 2021)
- UK #27 for Economics and Econometrics (Out of all UK institutions included in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020)
Film, Theatre & Television (FTT)
- Purpose-built, state-of-the-art £11.4 million facilities, offering specialist production spaces and encouraging an exciting creative community.
- 97% of leavers in work and/or study 15 months after the end of their course (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2017/18; First Degree responders from Film, Theatre & Television).
- Reading pioneered the teaching of film studies in British Higher Education more than four decades ago.
- Professional partnerships with AusStage (Australia), the BBC, BFI (British Film Institute), Cinemateca Brasileira (Brazil), Fujitsu, IbsenStage (Norway), and RFT (Reading Film Theatre).
- Over 100 performances, films and television programmes are created in the Department each year.
- Facilities include three theatre spaces, a high-tech digital cinema, dedicated recording studio and mixing suites, a film and television studio, and suite of cutting rooms.
- Well-known alumni include multi-award winning musician and broadcaster Jamie Cullum; President of SyFy (formerly Sci Fi Channel) Dave Howe; award-winning film director Robin Bextor and former BBC Radio 1 film critic Rhianna Dhillon.
Typography and Graphic Communication
- UK #1 for research in Typography & Graphic Communication
Times Higher Education institutions, ranked by Subject, 2014 based on its analysis of REF 2014 - Art and Design: History, practice and theory: B - Typography and Graphic Communication
- Facilities include a commercial Design & Print Studio and Printing workshop.
- Unrivalled internationally-renowned collections and archives relating to lettering, printing and graphic design, including the world's largest and most significant Samuel Beckett archive.
- Successful alumni include the acclaimed illustrator for Penguin Books, Coralie Bickford-Smith; Paul Barnes, a renowned designer and typographer responsible for several new fonts, including the Guardian newspaper; Vincent Connare, a former Microsoft employee who created the Comic Sans and Trebuchet MS fonts; and Designer Malcolm Garrett who has worked for music artists such as Buzzcocks, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, and Peter Gabriel.