ONCAMPUS Sunderland is based on the campus of the University of Sunderland, one of the leading modern universities in the UK. If you study at ONCAMPUS Sunderland you are guaranteed progression to the University of Sunderland on successful completion of your Foundation programme.
We have a number of programmes starting in January 2019 if you missed our September entry, just click here for more details!
Why ONCAMPUS Sunderland?
Cost of a
degree is from
in the UK for Hospitality, Event Management & Tourism
(Guardian University Guide 2018)
in the UK for Mechanical Engineering
(Guardian University Guide 2018)
- 'Most Affordable University in the UK for International Students' (Complete University Guide 2016).
- Voted the BEST University in the North East and 15th in the UK (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2015).
- £130 million investment across two campuses has resulted in state-of-the-art facilities and campus
- Excellent value for money for both tuition fees and cost of living
- The University of Sunderland also has NEW London campus - click on the following link to view the virtual tour - http://london.sunderland.ac.uk/images/virtualtour/
The University of Sunderland is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business, Economics, Finance and Management
- 'World-leading' research in Business, according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- The Sunderland Business School is a member of ‘The Association of Business Schools’
- The Business School has accreditation with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), with many of their undergraduate and postgraduate programmes approved to meet the level 5 and level 7 management standards.
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance has nine exemptions from ACCA and was voted BEST in the North East for course satisfaction in the Guardian University Guide 2017.
- Human Resource Management degrees (both undergraduate and postgraduate) are accredited with CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management has dual award status from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Law, Humanities & Social Sciences
- At the state-of-the-art Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St Peter’s, you will have access to a mock courtroom, a law library, access to Lexis and West Law along with a host of work spaces and IT facilities to use across the campus.
- 96.6% of LLB Law students are in employment or further study within six months of graduating, according to DLHE 2015/16 (based on UK students)
- You can stay on to complete the innovative LLM Legal Practice (LPC), opt to sit the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination that will be introduced from 2020, or could decide to take a Bar Professional Training Course.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology is accredited as conferring eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society, provided the minimum standard of Second Class Honours is achieved. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
- Film Production and Photography courses at Sunderland are 15th in the UK according to The Guardian University league tables 2018.
- The University of Sunderland’s journalism courses are accredited by the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) and Broadcast Journalism is accredited by the BJTC (Broadcast Journalism Training Council).
- Public Relations at Sunderland is accredited by the CIPR (Chartered Institute of Public Relations).
- The University of Sunderland’s David Puttnam Media Centre provides students with outstanding television and video production facilities and allows students to experience real-life work situations during their study.
Computing, Engineering & Sciences
- World leading’ research in Computer Science (latest RAE).
- Partnerships with Microsoft, Sony, Sage, British Airways and BT.
- These partnerships allow students to experiment with cutting-edge and current applications and many provide modern hardware and software for our courses, including Microsoft and Sony gaming console technologies and TIM (Blackberry) mobile smartphone and tablets.
- Leading partner in Sunderland Software City initiative.
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) as partially fulfilling the educational requirements for Chartered Engineering (CEng) status, which is the highest level attainable for any undergraduate programme.
- The Engineering department enjoys close collaboration with a number of industrial partners, including Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd, Fabricom, ThyssenKrupp Automotive, Tallent Chassis Ltd and Nicholson McLaren. Students design, build, test and race a 600cc single-seat racing car against other universities in the Formula Student contest. Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd supports our Formula Student team, allowing the University to use their test track and providing car parts and engine development.
Medical and Life Sciences
- The Pharmacy School is ranked 6th in the UK (The Guardian League Table 2013), with more than 90 years’ experience and ‘World leading’ research in Pharmacy (RAE).
- The MPharm degree is accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), the regulatory body of the pharmacy profession.
- 20 years of working with GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer has funded research projects at Sunderland for over 10 years.
- Excellent opportunities for outdoor pursuits and water sports due to the natural, coastal location and Sunderland’s new £20m Aquatic Centre with its 50m pool.
- The University Chancellor is former Olympic athlete Steve Cram, which gives Sunderland excellent links to world-class athletes. In 2010, four-time Olympic Champion Michael Johnson received an honorary Doctorate from the University for his ‘outstanding contribution and ambassadorial role’ in athletics.
ONCAMPUS Sunderland Brochure