ONCAMPUS Sunderland is based on the campus of the University of Sunderland, one of the leading modern universities in the UK. The University of Sunderland is an innovative, forward-thinking university with high standards of teaching, research and support, which sits at the heart of one of the UK’s most up-and-coming cities. It has strong links with industry and business and works closely with some of the world’s leading companies. If you study at ONCAMPUS Sunderland you are guaranteed progression to the University of Sunderland on successful completion of your Foundation programme.
Why ONCAMPUS Sunderland?
Shortlisted 'University of the Year'
(Times Higher Education Awards 2021)
in the UK for Media and Film Studies
(Guardian University Guide 2022)
in the UK for Pharmacy
(Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Nominated for 'University of the Year 2021' (Times Higher Education Awards)
- Winner of 'University of the Year for Social Inclusion' (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021)
- Ranked 23rd in the UK for Law and is one of the highest climbers in recent years (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 9th (out of 131 universities) in the ‘Student Support’ category (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2019)
- Excellent value for money for both tuition fees and cost of living
- Sunderland partners with some of the world's largest organisations such as Microsoft, Yahoo!, Nissan and Proctor & Gamble
- The University of Sunderland also has a London campus - click on the following link to view the virtual tour
The University of Sunderland is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Law, Business, Economics, Finance and Management
- Ranked 23rd in the UK for Law (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Law courses are ranked 2nd nationally for Teaching Quality and 3rd for Student Experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- 98% satisfaction with teaching on the Law course (NSS 2019)
- Law students benefit from a mock courtroom and moot court to practice their skills
- Ranked 1st for Overall Engagement in all undergraduate Business and Management courses (UKES, 2020)
- The Sunderland Business School is a member of ‘The Association of Business Schools’
- The Business School has accreditation with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), with many of their undergraduate and postgraduate programmes approved to meet the level 5 and level 7 management standards
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance has a number of exemptions from ACCA, CIMA and CPA
- Human Resource Management degrees (both undergraduate and postgraduate) are accredited with CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management has dual award status from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Ranked 11th in the UK for Media and Film Studies (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 14th in the UK for Film Production and Photography (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- BA Film Production has 92% Overall Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021)
- The University of Sunderland’s David Puttnam Media Centre provides students with outstanding television and video production facilities and allows students to experience real-life work situations during their study.
- The University of Sunderland’s journalism courses are accredited by the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) and Broadcast Journalism is accredited by the BJTC (Broadcast Journalism Training Council).
- BA Fashion Journalism has 100% Overall Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021) and is the only accredited Fashion Journalism course in the UK by the NCTJ
Computing, Engineering & Sciences
- BEng Mechanical Engineering has 94% Overall Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020)
- BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) as partially fulfilling the educational requirements for Chartered Engineering (CEng) status, which is the highest level attainable for any undergraduate programme.
- The David GoldmanInformatics Centre is a ‘computing cathedral’ housing over 200 workstations
- BSc Computer Sciences is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT for the purposes of fully meeting the further learning academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional
- Boasting the second-fastest growth in digital turnover outside of London, Sunderland is the ideal city to study computing and set up a business
- Past Engineering students have secured paid placements with Jaguar, Nissan, GlaxoSmithKline, Assystem, Cummins Engines, Delphi Powertrain Systems and Tata Steel
- Partnerships with Microsoft, Sony, Sage, British Airways and BT.
- These partnerships allow students to experiment with cutting-edge and current applications and many provide modern hardware and software for our courses, including Microsoft and Sony gaming console technologies and TIM (Blackberry) mobile smartphone and tablets..
- The Engineering department enjoys close collaboration with a number of industrial partners, including Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd, Fabricom, ThyssenKrupp Automotive, Tallent Chassis Ltd and Nicholson McLaren. Students design, build, test and race a 600cc single-seat racing car against other universities in the Formula Student contest. Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd supports our Formula Student team, allowing the University to use their test track and providing car parts and engine development.
Medical and Life Sciences
- Ranked 18th in the UK for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 3rd in the UK for pre-registration pass rate for the Pharmacy National Registration Assessment with an 89.82% pass rate in 2019 (national average is 72.33%)
- Ranked 6th in the UK for graduate prospects in Pharmacy (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 12th in the UK for Biomedical Science (Guardian Unviersity Guide 2021)
- 100% Overall Satisfaction for Biomedical Science (National Student Survey 2021)
- Ranked 15th in the UK for Sports Science courses (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Pharmacy has been taught at Sunderland for almost 100 years
- The course lasts four years and you will graduate as a Master of Pharmacy. The MPharm is the only undergraduate qualification in the UK which leads to professional registration as a pharmacist
- The MPharm degree is accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), the regulatory body of the pharmacy profession
- The ‘Living Lab’ includes a mock ward, point of care centre with consulting rooms, Objective Structured Clinical Examination suite, dispensing pharmacy and patient home setting.
- 20 years of working with GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer has funded research projects at Sunderland for over 10 years
- Patient contact is embedded throughout the course alongside placements and interprofessional learning opportunities.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology is accredited as conferring eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society, provided the minimum standard of Second Class Honours is achieved. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
ONCAMPUS Sunderland Brochure