ONCAMPUS Sunderland is based on the campus of the University of Sunderland, one of the leading modern universities in the UK. The University of Sunderland is an innovative, forward-thinking university with high standards of teaching, research and support, which sits at the heart of one of the UK’s most up-and-coming cities. It has strong links with industry and business and works closely with some of the world’s leading companies. If you study at ONCAMPUS Sunderland you are guaranteed progression to the University of Sunderland on successful completion of your Foundation programme.
Why ONCAMPUS Sunderland?
A top 50 UK university
Guardian University Guide 2023
in the UK for Film Production and Photography
(Guardian University Guide 2023)
in the UK for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
(Guardian University Guide 2023)
- With several subjects continuing to rise through the rankings every year, Sunderland focuses on providing expert teaching and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Nominated for 'University of the Year 2021' (Times Higher Education Awards)
- Winner of 'University of the Year for Social Inclusion' (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021)
- Excellent value for money for both tuition fees and cost of living
- Sunderland partners with some of the world's largest organisations such as Microsoft, Yahoo!, Nissan and Proctor & Gamble
- The University of Sunderland also has a London campus - click on the following link to view the virtual tour
The University of Sunderland is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Law, Business, Economics, Finance and Management
- Ranked top 25 in the UK for Law (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Ranked 13th in the UK for Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- 100% student satisfaction in Business and Finance Management (NSS 2021)
- Ranked top 20 in the UK for Marketing (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Law students benefit from a mock courtroom and moot court to practice their skills.
- The Sunderland Business School is a member of ‘The Association of Business Schools’.
- The Business School has accreditation with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), with many of their undergraduate and postgraduate programmes approved to meet the level 5 and level 7 management standards.
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance has a number of exemptions from ACCA, CIMA and CPA.
- Human Resource Management degrees (both undergraduate and postgraduate) are accredited with CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management has dual award status from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Film Production and Photography (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Ranked 11th in the UK for Media and Film Studies (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Ranked 13th in the UK for Journalism (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- BA Film Production has 92% Overall Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021)
- 100% student satisfaction in Sociology (National Student Survey 2021)
- The University of Sunderland’s David Puttnam Media Centre provides students with outstanding television and video production facilities and allows students to experience real-life work situations during their study.
- The University of Sunderland’s journalism courses are accredited by the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) and Broadcast Journalism is accredited by the BJTC (Broadcast Journalism Training Council).
- BA Fashion Journalism has 100% Overall Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021) and is the only accredited Fashion Journalism course in the UK by the NCTJ.
Computing, Engineering & Sciences
- BEng Mechanical Engineering has 94% Overall Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020)
- BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) as partially fulfilling the educational requirements for Chartered Engineering (CEng) status, which is the highest level attainable for any undergraduate programme.
- The David GoldmanInformatics Centre is a ‘computing cathedral’ housing over 200 workstations
- BSc Computer Sciences is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT for the purposes of fully meeting the further learning academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional
- Boasting the second-fastest growth in digital turnover outside of London, Sunderland is the ideal city to study computing and set up a business
- Past Engineering students have secured paid placements with Jaguar, Nissan, GlaxoSmithKline, Assystem, Cummins Engines, Delphi Powertrain Systems and Tata Steel
- Partnerships with Microsoft, Sony, Sage, British Airways and BT.
- These partnerships allow students to experiment with cutting-edge and current applications and many provide modern hardware and software for our courses, including Microsoft and Sony gaming console technologies and TIM (Blackberry) mobile smartphone and tablets..
- The Engineering department enjoys close collaboration with a number of industrial partners, including Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd, Fabricom, ThyssenKrupp Automotive, Tallent Chassis Ltd and Nicholson McLaren. Students design, build, test and race a 600cc single-seat racing car against other universities in the Formula Student contest. Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd supports our Formula Student team, allowing the University to use their test track and providing car parts and engine development.
Health and Life Sciences
- Ranked 10th in the UK for Pharmacy & Pharmacology (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Ranked 6th in the UK for graduate prospects in Pharmacy (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 15th in the UK for Sports Science (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Ranked 3rd in the UK for pre-registration pass rate for the Pharmacy National Registration Assessment with an 89.82% pass rate in 2019 (national average is 72.33%)
- Ranked 12th in the UK for Biomedical Science (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- 100% student satisfaction for Biomedical Science (National Student Survey 2021)
- 100% student satisfaction for Forensic Psychology (National Student Survey 2021)
- Top 25 in the UK for Health Sciences (Complete University Guide 2023)
- Pharmacy has been taught at Sunderland for almost 100 years
- The course lasts four years and you will graduate as a Master of Pharmacy. The MPharm is the only undergraduate qualification in the UK which leads to professional registration as a pharmacist
- The MPharm degree is accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), the regulatory body of the pharmacy profession
- The ‘Living Lab’ includes a mock ward, point of care centre with consulting rooms, Objective Structured Clinical Examination suite, dispensing pharmacy and patient home setting.
- 20 years of working with GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer has funded research projects at Sunderland for over 10 years
- Patient contact is embedded throughout the course alongside placements and interprofessional learning opportunities.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology is accredited as conferring eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society, provided the minimum standard of Second Class Honours is achieved. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
ONCAMPUS Sunderland Brochure