Studying Abroad

Discover the states


Congratulations on being accepted at ONCAMPUS Reading, we look forward to welcoming you. Before you arrive, you will be contacted with more information about what you need to bring with you, and what will happen during Induction.

If you have any further queries please contact the ONCAMPUS Reading team: [email protected] or [email protected]

Pre-arrival requirements 

Enrolment documents                                                                                       
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter
  • Passport with valid visa
  • Proof of payment or sponsorship letter
  • Original supporting academic documents (high school certificate, IELTS, academic transcripts, first degree certificates and other qualifications)
  • UK address, telephone number and email address
  • Details of someone to contact in case of emergency (next of kin)

Airport transfer options

Plan ahead and book a taxi before leaving your country. Email us at [email protected] or call us on +44 1223 447761. Our trusted drivers will meet you at the arrivals gate at the airport and take you straight to your accommodation.
Paying your fees Tuition and accommodation fees (if applicable) for each term of study at the Centre are due 30 (thirty) days before the start of each term. We want to make paying your fees as easy as possible. They can be paid using our online payments platform: Convera® GlobalPay for Students. See below for further details.
Arrival You will need to 'arrive' for online enrolment with the ONCAMPUS Reading team. Details will be sent to you via email nearer the time. 

If you need to contact centre staff in an emergency outside of office hours please call: +44 (0) 7837 119 812

Visa information

As an international student planning to take a full-time course in the UK, it is likely you will need to apply for a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 student visa). You can read our full Visa information here

Visa and immigration rules change frequently, so please make sure you contact your nearest British diplomatic post to get up-to-date information on the visa application process, requirements, fees and supporting documents. We can provide support and guidance via the Visa Information section of our website, or by answering your questions directly. Please contact the centre or Immigration Compliance and Advice Team on [email protected]

Applying for a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 Visa)

To apply for a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 visa) you will need a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number. We will send you this number on a ‘CAS statement’, once you fulfil the conditions on the offer of a place to study and pay your deposit/full fees. Please note the earliest we can send you a CAS number is 3 months before your course start date. We will also send you information for your visa application at the same time.

Once you receive your visa, please inform the Admissions Team by email [email protected] or by phone +44 (0) 1223 345 698. This information will help us to prepare for your arrival. 

Entry Clearance vignette and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card

When your visa application is successful and your course is longer than 6 months, you will receive a 90-day Entry Clearance vignette in your passport. This allows you to travel to the UK. You will need to collect the actual visa - Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) once you arrive in the UK. If your course is under 6 months, the Entry Clearance vignette should cover the duration of your course in the UK. 

Where do I collect my BRP card from?

Your Decision Letter (sent to you with your passport upon a successful visa application) will include details of the place you need to go to collect your BRP card. At the visa application stage you can select whether you wish to collect your BRP card from the ONCAMPUS centre or the local Post Office branch. It is recommended you opt to have your BRP card delivered to the centre, so please enter ACL code (written on your CAS statement) on your visa application. 

Arriving late

You will need to enrol at your ONCAMPUS centre on the day your course starts. This date is in your CAS statement. If you are delayed and have to travel later, you must let the Admissions Team know. This is very important because we need to inform UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) if you cannot arrive on time.

Withdrawing from your course

If you change your mind about joining our course or there are any circumstances that prevent you from studying with us, please inform the Admissions Team as soon as possible. 

What should I do if my student visa is refused?

If your student visa application is refused, please email our Admissions Team ([email protected]) and Immigration Compliance and Advice Team ([email protected]) Please include the full copy of the refusal notice, so we can advise you on what to do next.

Parental Consent for under 18s

If you are under 18 you need to provide a Parental Consent Form, signed by your parents, in support of the visa application. Please also carry it with you upon arrival in the UK. If you do not have a copy of the form, please contact our Admissions Team before making your visa application.

What to bring with you

You will need to show your ONCAMPUS enrolment documents to the Immigration Officer on arrival so make sure they are placed safely in your carry-on hand luggage. 

Money/Bank cards

It may take a few days to open a bank account so we recommend you bring approximately £200 to £500 in cash. We also advise you to limit the amount of cash you bring into the UK (for security reasons). If you have a bank card from your country and you prefer to bring that than cash, please make sure that you can use it in the UK too.


You should have enough warm clothing for your flight and subsequent journey. Several layers of lightweight clothes are better than a single shirt or dress. The UK rarely has extremely hot or extremely cold weather, but it can be very changeable, so you should be prepared for different types of weather. Find out more about the UK climate:


You will have a baggage allowance, which will be shown on your air ticket; this is usually from 20kg with a restricted weight of 32kg per single item of luggage. Only essential personal possessions may be brought in addition to research materials. You may be charged for excess baggage if you exceed the baggage allowance, so check with the airline before you leave if you are not sure of your allowance. You should make a list of everything you bring. Advice on importing personal effects and goods into the UK may be obtained from HM Revenue and Customs (

How to pay

We want to make paying your fees as easy as possible. They can be paid using our online payments platform: Convera® GlobalPay for Students.

Pay Now with Convera Global Payments for Students

This fast and reliable service allows you to pay in your local currency via bank transfer, Visa/Mastercard, or by using a wide range of local online payment options including WeChat Pay, UnionPay, India NetBanking and more, without incurring any transaction charges.

Klarna and bank transfer are also available for UK domestic payments through the platform.


  • Pay fees in your local currency
  • Avoid fees and international foreign exchange charges from your bank
  • Easy to use on smartphones and other mobile devices
  • Pay online or by bank transfer
  • Rest assured knowing your payments are received in full by ONCAMPUS
  • Track your payment status by text and email
  • Get price and payment options upfront with a price comparison too


Pay Now with Convera Global Payments for Students


If you need any further payment assistance, please call our Finance team on 01223 942 300. You can also see the video below on how to pay through Convera GlobalPay for Students.

Important: A payment reference must be provided so that the college can identify funds on safe arrival into our account. This must be the student reference number as stated on your offer document. This reference means that we can then allocate the funds against your invoice accordingly. Failure to include a reference may mean we have to contact you again to establish your proof of payment.

What to expect on arrival in the UK

Once you arrive you will need to pass through immigration so follow the signs to Passport Control. The Immigration Officer will ask you about the purpose of your visit to the UK. It is important that you answer these questions in detail, politely and keep calm. Make sure you have all the following supporting documents in your carry-on luggage:

  • Passport
  • Bank statements
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter
  • Original academic documents and their official translations (for any documents that are not in English)
  • IELTS Certificate
  • Proof of accommodation - Confirmation of Accommodation letter
  • Proof of financial support & any fee payments made
  • TB Certificate (if applicable - visit for listed countries)

If you experience any problems at Border Control, please contact: +44 (0)118 334 6242 (office hours) or +44 (0)7837 119 812 (outside working hours) 


If you are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or USA, and wish to use the eGates when entering the UK, please read the message below before arriving in the UK:

  • If you are entering the UK under Short-Term Study route (up to 6 months), you must obtain the correct visa stamp at the border to enrol onto your programme. Therefore, please do NOT use the eGates but instead follow the sign for ‘See an officer’ at the border to obtain the correct visa endorsement in your passport from the Immigration Authority.
  • If you are entering the UK under a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 visa) or Short-Term Study route (11 months) then you may be eligible to use the eGates. However if you do use the eGates, you may be required to show relevant evidence of your first entry into the UK such as a boarding pass or travel booking confirmation to complete your Right to Study or Right to Rent checks. Therefore, you are advised NOT to use the eGates in order to obtain an entry stamp in your passport upon your first entry into the UK under your new visa.

Should you have any questions regarding the use of eGates, please contact our Immigration Compliance and Advice Team at [email protected]

How to get to ONCAMPUS Reading

Blandford Lodge
University of Reading
Shinfield Road

Airport Taxi Transfer

An airport pick-up service can be a good option for a convenient transport method straight to your destination. A driver will meet you at the airport and transport you to either your ONCAMPUS Centre address or to your accommodation, whichever you prefer.

The cost for the transfer will vary depending on your chosen destination airport and campus. An example of this can be found below.

Private taxi transfer example:

Airport Location Guide Price Approx. waiting time
Heathrow £82.00 120 minutes

ONCAMPUS have identified one of the many providers you can use for your taxi transfer:

Airport Pickups London

Airport Pickups London, also known as APL Cars, is a leading provider of London airport transfers and shuttle services, with hundreds of customers making use of their services on a daily basis. They offer reliable and comfortable travel from your chosen airport to your accommodation and are happy to serve all major UK cities and destinations.

You can access APL’s website and begin the booking process here.

APL are the best option for flights arriving to the following airports:

  • Birmingham International Airport
  • London Heathrow
  • London Gatwick
  • London Stansted
  • London Luton
  • London City Airport

Arrival & waiting times

Airports are busy places so, when completing your taxi booking online, we recommend choosing a longer wait time if possible, particularly if you are flying into London Heathrow. This will allow you ample time to exit the plane, clear passport control and collect your luggage. If you do get through quicker than expected, you can make use of the airport’s WiFi, food and drink vendors and toilets. You can also call your driver and let them know you are ready and they may be able to arrive quicker than the agreed pick-up time. The taxi companies will track your flight and will be aware of any delays. After completing your booking, you will receive a confirmation from the taxi company which will include details of where to meet your taxi driver upon arrival.

If the airport you are flying into is not listed, or you are arriving into the UK another way and need some advice, please contact us at [email protected] and we can assist you.


From Central London, trains from London Paddington to Reading run approximately every 15-20 minutes throughout the day and the average journey time is around 30 minutes. For national rail enquiries, visit From London Heathrow airport you can travel on the Elizabeth Line to Reading Station (approx 60 minute journey).


For coach travel across the UK to Reading, find out more at or the RailAir coach service from Heathrow to Reading at  From Reading town, you can take bus numbers 21 or 21a to the Whiteknights Campus. For information on local bus travel within the Reading area, visit


It is compulsory for under 18s to book ONCAMPUS approved accommodation. Please see the accommodation guide below, for any queries please email [email protected].

ONCAMPUS Reading Accommodation Guide

View interactive
Download PDF

Enrolment and induction

Enrolment is taking place online. You will be contacted nearer the time with instructions on how this will happen and the appointments you will need to attend to officially enrol. It is an essential part of your induction process and after you enrol, you are officially a student of ONCAMPUS Reading. 

Documents required for enrolment are listed below:

  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter
  • Passport with valid visa
  • Proof of payment or sponsorship letter
  • Original supporting academic documents (high school certificate, IELTS, academic transcripts)

Attendance at all classes and examinations is compulsory. We expect 100% attendance and commitment from all students. You are required to attend Monday to Friday from the first day of term until the last day, including any examination and resit weeks. If you do not maintain an attendance level of above 90%, you will have disciplinary action taken against you and in severe cases this can result in exclusion from your examination or termination of your programme of study.

Term Dates

Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP)


Number of terms Dates Opportunity to progress to a Master's degree in
3 25 September 2023 - 09 June 2024  September 2024
3 08 January 2024 - 09 August 2024 September 2024

Master's Foundation Programme (MFP)

Number of semesters Dates Opportunity to progress to a Master's degree in
2 25 September 2023 - 10 May 2024  September 2024
3 15 January 2024 - 09 August 2024 September 2024


Next up:


There was a problem loading the video, please try again later.