Studying Abroad

Discover the states


Congratulations on being accepted at ONCAMPUS Hull, we look forward to welcoming you. Before you arrive, you will be contacted with more information about what you need to bring with you, and what will happen during Induction.

If you have any further queries please contact the ONCAMPUS Hull team:

Pre-arrival requirements 

Before you travel Please complete an online UK Government Form detailing your journey and contact details before arriving in the UK.
Enrolment documents                                                                                                  
  • ONCAMPUS offer letter and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter
  • Passport with valid visa and BRP card (if you have this before enrolment)
  • Proof of payment or financial guarantee
  • Original supporting academic documents (high school certificate, IELTS, academic transcripts, first degree certificates and other qualifications)
  • UK address, telephone number and email address
  • Emergency contact details (next of kin)                                                                                                             
Airport transfer options  Plan ahead and book a taxi before leaving your country. Email us at or call us on +44 1223 447761. Our trusted drivers will meet you at the arrivals gate at the airport and take you straight to your accommodation.
Paying your fees Tuition and accommodation fees (if applicable) for each term of study at the Centre are due 30 (thirty) days before the start of each term. We want to make paying your fees as easy as possible. They can be paid using our online payments platform: WU® GlobalPay for Students. See below for further details.
Arrival  You will need to "arrive" for online enrolment with the ONCAMPUS Hull team.
Details will be sent to you via email nearer the time. 

If you need to contact centre staff in an emergency outside of office hours please call: +44 (0) 7850 508542 

Visa information

As an international student planning to take a full-time course in the UK, it is likely you will need to apply for a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 student visa). You can read our full Visa information here

Visa and immigration rules change frequently, so please make sure you contact your nearest British diplomatic post to get up-to-date information on the visa application process, requirements, fees and supporting documents. We can provide support and guidance if you have any questions, please contact the centre or Immigration Compliance and Advice Team on

Applying for a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 Visa)

To apply for a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 student visa) you will need a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number. We will send you this number on a ‘CAS statement’, once you fulfil the conditions on the offer of a place to study and pay your deposit/full fees. . Please note the earliest we can send you a CAS number is 3 months before before your course start date. We will also send you information for your visa application at the same time.

Once you receive your visa, please inform the Admissions Team by email or by phone +44 1223 345 698. This information will help us to prepare for your arrival. 

Entry Clearance vignette and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card

When your visa application is successful and your course is longer than 6 months, you will receive a 90 day entry clearance vignette in your passport. This allows you to travel to the UK. You will need to collect the actual visa - Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) once you arrive in the UK. If your course is under 6 months, the Entry Clearance vignette should cover the duration of your course in the UK. 

Where do I collect my BRP card from?

Your Decision Letter (sent to you with your passport upon a successful visa application) will include details of the place you need to go to collect your BRP card. At the visa application stage you can select whether you wish to collect your BRP card from the ONCAMPUS centre or the local Post Office branch. It is recommended you opt to have your BRP card delivered to the centre, so please enter ACL code (written on your CAS statement) on your visa application. 

Arriving late

You will need to enrol at your ONCAMPUS centre on the day your course starts. This date is in your CAS statement. If you are delayed and have to travel later, you must let the Admissions Team know. This is very important because we need to inform UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) if you cannot arrive on time.

Withdrawing from your course

If you change your mind about joining our course or there are any circumstances that prevent you from studying with us, please inform the Admissions Team as soon as possible. 

What should I do if my student visa is refused?

If your student visa application is refused, please email our Admissions Team ( and Immigration Compliance and Advice Team ( Please include the full copy of the refusal notice, so we can advise you on what to do next.

How to pay

We want to make paying your fees as easy as possible. They can be paid using our online payments platform: WU® GlobalPay for Students.

Pay Now with WU Global Payments for Students

This fast and reliable service allows you to pay in your local currency via bank transfer, Visa/Mastercard, or by using a wide range of local online payment options including WeChat Pay, UnionPay, India NetBanking and more, without incurring any transaction charges.

Klarna and bank transfer are also available for UK domestic payments through the platform.


  • Pay fees in your local currency
  • Avoid fees and international foreign exchange charges from your bank
  • Easy to use on smartphones and other mobile devices
  • Pay online or by bank transfer
  • Rest assured knowing your payments are received in full by ONCAMPUS
  • Track your payment status by text and email
  • Get price and payment options upfront with a price comparison too


Pay Now with WU Global Payments for Students


If you need any further payment assistance, please call our Finance team on +44 1223 341308. You can also see the video below on how to pay through WU GlobalPay for Students.

Important: A payment reference must be provided so that the college can identify funds on safe arrival into our account. This must be the student reference number as stated on your offer document. This reference means that we can then allocate the funds against your invoice accordingly. Failure to include a reference may mean we have to contact you again to establish your proof of payment.

What to bring with you

Ensure your required documents are placed safely in your carry-on bag. 


It may take a few days to open a bank account, we recommend you bring approximately £200 to £500 in cash. We also advise you to limit the amount of cash you bring into the UK (for security reasons).


You should have enough warm clothing for your flight and subsequent journey. Several layers of lightweight clothes are better than a single shirt or dress. The UK rarely has extremely hot or extremely cold weather, but it can be very changeable, so you should be prepared for different types of weather. Find out more about the UK climate: 


You will have a baggage allowance, which will be shown on your air ticket; this is usually from 20kg with a restricted weight of 32kg per single item of luggage. Only essential personal possessions may be brought in addition to research materials. You may be charged for excess baggage if you exceed the baggage allowance, so check with the airline before you leave if you are not sure of your allowance. You should make a list of everything you bring. Advice on importing personal effects and goods into the UK may be obtained from HM Revenue and Customs (

What to expect on arrival in the UK

Once you arrive you will need to pass through immigration so follow the signs to Passport Control. The Immigration Officer will ask you about the purpose of your visit to the UK. It is important that you answer these questions in detail, politely and keep calm. Make sure you have all the following supporting documents in your carry-on luggage:

  • Passport
  • Bank statements
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter
  • Original academic documents and their official translations (for any documents that are not in English) IELTS Certificate.
  • Proof of accommodation - CONFIRMATION of Accommodation letter
  • Proof of financial support & any fee payments made
  • TB Certificate (if applicable) Visit for listed countries

Students from some countries may be asked to have a chest x-ray before collecting their luggage – you can check if you will need to do this with your local British Council.

If you experience any problems at Passport Control, please contact Katie Burbage—Student Services Officer on +44 (0) 1482 463305 If you need to contact centre staff in an emergency outside of office hours please call +44 (0)7850 508542 

Use of eGates

If you are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or USA, and wish to use the eGate when entering the UK, please read the message below before arriving in the UK:

  • If you are entering the UK under Short-term Study route (up to 6 months), you must obtain the correct visa stamp at the border to enrol onto your programme. Therefore, please do NOT use the eGates but instead follow the sign for ‘See an officer’ at the border to obtain the correct visa endorsement in your passport from the Immigration Authority.
  • If you are entering the UK under a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 visa) or Short-term Study route (11 months) then you may be eligible to use the eGates. However if you do use the eGates, you may be required to show relevant evidence of your first entry into the UK such as a boarding pass or travel booking confirmation to complete your Right to Study or Right to Rent checks. Therefore you are advised NOT to use the eGates in order to obtain an entry stamp in your passport upon your first entry into the UK under your new visa. Should you have any questions regarding the use of eGates, please contact our Immigration Compliance Team at visahelp@

How to get to ONCAMPUS Hull

ONCAMPUS Hull, Leven Building, University of Hull, HU6 7RX


There are taxis available at the Paragon Interchange as you go out of the front of the railway station. A taxi will cost approximately £5 from the train station to the University. 

Please visit the Taxi Transfers page if you would like more information on making a taxi booking. 

Private taxi transfer price:

Airport Location Guide Price**
Manchester £245.00
Heathrow £425.00
Any other Airport £ price on request


Buses are available from Paragon Interchange to the Hull campus on average every 10 minutes during the day. It will cost approximately £1.70 for a single fare. Check EYMS (East Yorkshire Motor Services) for all available bus timetables between the University of Hull (including halls of residence) and Hull City Centre. Coaches to Hull are available via National Express and link with other national and European services. The coach terminal is located next to the rail station. Coaches to London terminate at Victoria Station.


Eight direct rail services run each day between Hull and London taking as little as 2 hours 40 minutes each way. Hull Paragon Interchange is in the city centre and provides easy access between rail, coach and local bus services all under the same roof. A taxi rank is located outside the main entrance of the station that will take you to the University or halls of residence.


Daily overnight ferry services run between Hull and Rotterdam and Hull and Zeebrugge. They provide a direct link into the wider European motorway and rail networks. Over one million passengers are carried each year through the Port of Hull.

Enrolment and induction

Enrolment is taking place online. You will be contacted nearer the time with instructions on how this will happen and the appointments you will need to attend to officially enrol. It is an essential part of your induction process and after you enrol, you are officially a student of ONCAMPUS Hull. 

Documents required for enrolment are as follows:

  • ONCAMPUS offer letter and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter
  • Passport with valid visa and BRP card (if you have this before enrolment) 
  • Proof of payment or financial guarantee
  • Original supporting academic documents (high school certificate, IELTS, academic transcripts, first degree certificates and other qualifications)
  • UK address, telephone number and email address
  • Emergency contact details (next of kin)

Attendance at all classes and examinations is compulsory. We expect 100% attendance and commitment from all students. You are required to attend Monday to Friday from the first day of term until the last day, including any examination and resit weeks. If you do not maintain an attendance level of above 90%, you will have disciplinary action taken against you and in severe cases this can result in exclusion from your examination or termination of your programme of study.

Next up:


There was a problem loading the video, please try again later.