This one-year (3 term) programme offers successful students guaranteed progression* to Year 2 of the following degrees at the University of Hull:
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Supply Chain Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Entrepreneurship
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management with ICT
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Sustainability
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- BA (Hons) Business Economics
- BSc (Hons) Accounting
- BSc (Hons) Financial Management
- BSc (Hons) Accounting & Financial Management
The International Year One programme offers guaranteed progression* to Year 2 of a range of Business degrees.
Who is this programme designed for?
This programme is designed for international students who do not quite have the academic grades and/or English level to start the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Hull, but have a stronger profile than an UFP student. If you successfully complete the IY1 you are guaranteed progression* to Year 2 of a range of Business undergraduate degrees at the University of Hull. This programme is set at NQF level 4, and is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate business degree in the UK.
How long will I study for?
Your application will be assessed and you may be offered a 3 or 4 term programme depending on your English level and academic background. The duration of the programme is one academic year (nine or twelve months). The year is divided into three or four terms of seven to eight teaching weeks, one reading week, and an examination week. You will undertake up to 28 hours of classroom-based study per week.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a variety of methods during your time with us: the intention is that you have a chance to experience the full range of assessment methods that you might experience at university when you start the second year of your chosen degree.
Assessments will normally include coursework, essays, reports and other structured assignments, oral examination, and unseen written examinations.
* Guaranteed progression is subject to meeting the specified entry criteria
Course length: 3 or 4 terms
Minimum age: 17+
Hours per week: up to 25
Dates and Fees:
|No. of terms
||Tuition Fees (per term)
||Tuition fees (annual)
||Progressing to Year 2 starting in
||08 January 2018 – 17 August 2018
||24 September 2018 - 09 June 2019
||24 September 2018 - 16 August 2019
||07 January 2019 - 16 August 2019
All programmes are subject to a £300 registration fee and a £2,200 refundable deposit.