This one-year (3 term) programme offers successful students guaranteed progression* to Year 2 of the following degrees at the University of Hull:
- BSc (Hons) Accounting
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Financial Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Accounting
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Entrepreneurship
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Financial Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Supply Chain Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Sustainability
- BSc (Hons) Financial Management
- BA (Hons) International Business
- BSc (Hons) Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Management
The International Year One programme offers guaranteed progression* to Year 2 of a range of Business degrees.
Who is this programme designed for?
This programme is designed for international students who do not quite have the academic grades and/or English level to start the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Hull, but have a stronger profile than an UFP student. If you successfully complete the IY1 you are guaranteed progression* to Year 2 of a range of Business undergraduate degrees at the University of Hull. This programme is set at NQF level 4, and is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate business degree in the UK.
How long will I study for?
The duration of the programme is one academic year (nine months). The year is divided into three terms of seven to eight teaching weeks, one reading week, and an examination week. On average, you will undertake 23 (and up to 28) hours of classroom-based study per week.
English Language forms up to six hours of your timetable, is compulsory for students who are below the required level for progression, and will be integrated into the teaching of academic subjects as well as being taught separately if you need additional support. Students who are at or above the required English level for progression are likely to follow a reduced timetable.
Students will be expected to timetable self-study hours in addition to the classroom-based hours.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a variety of methods during your time with us: the intention is that you have a chance to experience the full range of assessment methods that you might experience at university when you start the second year of your chosen degree.
Assessments will normally include coursework, essays, reports and other structured assignments, oral examination, and unseen written examinations.
* Guaranteed progression is subject to meeting the specified entry criteria
Course length: 3 terms
Minimum age: 17+
Hours per week: up to 28
Dates and Fees:
|No. of terms
||Tuition fees (annual)
||Progressing to Year 2 starting in
||23 September 2019 – 07 June 2020
||23 September 2019 – 14 August 2020
||06 January 2020 – 14 August 2020
||21 September 2020 – 06 June 2021
||21 September 2020 – 13 August 2021
||26 October 2020 – 13 August 2021
||05 January 2021 – 13 August 2021
All programmes are subject to a £300 registration fee and a £2,200 refundable deposit. An Under 18 Supplement applies to all students under the age of 18 at the start of their programme.