English Language Preparation
English Language courses run between one and three terms, and offer students to opportunity to improve their English Language a vital element to the students' academic success. Courses range from focusing on academic studies, to bridge the gap some students may have getting use to the UK style of university teaching, to general English language (reading, writing, listing and speaking) to achieve the require IELTS for progression to a foundation programme.
Depending on the English course taken students can expect to be taught a number of general English Language skills, such as; speaking, reading, writing and listening. To more academic focused skills such as academic writing, critical analysis, referencing and seminar skills. The overarching aim of these courses is to prepare students for academic study within the UK university system.
The benefits of studying an English Language course include;
- a focused course that is designed to progress students onto their chosen foundation programme
- improved English Language (speaking, writing, reading and listening)
- greater understanding over academic conventions observed at British universities
- students gain experience to a wide range of assessment methods commonly used in the UK
- to study on the campus of their chosen university, to be a part of the university from day one.
ONCAMPUS offers a number of centres that offer a Undergraduate Foundation Programme, click on the grid below for details of our partners:
Find & compare premium qualifications, worldwide!