Full support is offered by the team at ONCAMPUS Amsterdam to assist you in finding suitable accommodation before you arrive. ONCAMPUS offers university accommodation through the University of Amsterdam.
- The university accommodation is well-priced and in convenient and secure locations.
- The housing locations are spread throughout the city. Some rooms are located in the city centre (5 minutes from the University), others are further away (up to 40 minutes).
- Rent for single room varies from approximately €450 to €850 a month (depending on amenities and facilities), rent for shared accommodation is approximately €350 to €450 a month. Rooms are allocated on a first come, first served basis, and the ONCAMPUS Amsterdam team cannot influence where in the city your room will be.
- All rooms have a bed and mattress, table or desk and chair, wardrobe, bookcase or bookshelves, curtains or venetian blinds and lighting. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge and small cooker(s). Please note that to use the internet in your room you need to bring or buy an internet cable.
- Pots, pans, rice cookers or kitchen utensils are normally not provided, but often left behind by former students. There are also many shops where these items can be purchased.
- If you are interested in this option, please indicate so on the Amsterdam University Housing Form
- The sooner you receive your Certificate of Enrolment, the more chance of applying for this option (space is limited and no guarantees).
- Once you have indicated your interest, the University Accommodation Office will send you a link where you can apply for a room. This application system is called ‘InProces’
- If you have any queries you can contact the University Accommodation Office or the team at ONCAMPUS Amsterdam, who will be able to assist and to talk you through the procedure.
For more information please visit www.uva.nl/housing
Registration at City Hall Amsterdam
It is mandatory to register at the city hall (municipality) with your housing contract. After registering you will receive a Dutch citizen service number (BSN). You need a BSN to work, open a bank account or apply for benefits. Registration can only be done in person. The university will usually organize registration days at the university premises, so please have a look on this UvA Upon Arrival website or check with the ONCAMPUS Amsterdam team.
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is situated approximately 20 km south-west of Amsterdam. From the airport you can choose from a selection of transportation methods into Amsterdam.
Direct trains to Amsterdam Centraal Station run every 10 to 15 minutes between 6am and 12.30am and every hour during other times. The trip takes about 15 minutes.
Fully regulated taxis are available 24/7 and cost about €50 into the city centre.
You will need to collect your keys from the housing corporation’s office and as their offices are only open during week days, from 8.30am until 4.30pm, we strongly advise you to arrive during the week before induction so that you can move straight into your room.