ONCAMPUS Southampton is based in the vibrant City of Southampton, within easy reach of the prestigious and pioneering University of Southampton. Ranked UK top 15* and global top 100**, the University of Southampton is a leading research-intensive university and a founding member of the Russell Group.
On successful completion of one of the undergraduate or master’s foundation programmes, international students have the opportunity to progress to a range of innovative programmes at the University of Southampton.
* (Complete University Guide, 2023)
** (QS World University Rankings, 2023)
Why ONCAMPUS Southampton?
Top 100 Global University
(QS World University Rankings, 2023)
UK Top 15 University
(Complete University Guide, 2023)
Located in Southampton, on the spectacular South Coast of England
- A wide range of support services are available to students, including around the clock wellbeing support, sports facilities, library services and careers and employability support.
- Southampton has been ranked the world's leading University Business Incubator (SETsquared ranked no. 1 by UBI Global) and provides a range of entrepreneurship and enterprise opportunities to students through initiatives such as FutureWorlds and the Social Impact Lab.
- Southampton is a University Partner of The Alan Turing Institute, the UK's national institute for data science and artificial intelligence and the UK government has recognised the University as an Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research.
- Southampton graduates are recruited by high-profile organisations such as Apple, Ernst & Young, IBM, the BBC and the NHS. University of Southampton graduates are also part of a global community of over 220,000 alumni.
- Southampton is committed to improving sustainability and operating with a cleaner, greener and healthier approach, managing the impact on the planet through the internationally certified Environmental Management System.
Visit the University of Southampton website
University of Southampton is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business, Economics, Finance and Management
- World top 40 and 7th in the UK for Statistics and Operational Research (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
- Southampton Business School is accredited by prestigious international organisations including The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), Charted Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA) and Association of MBAs.
- 35th in the UK for Business (The Guardian University Guide 2022).
- Access to Bloomberg terminals and world-class databases like WRDS, Datastream, FAME and Boardex, to analyse real-world financial data.
- Top 10 in the UK for Marketing (Complete University Guide, 2022).
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Ranked top 10 in the UK for Philosophy, Archaeology and Forensic Studies, and Modern Languages and Linguistics (Guardian University Guide 2022, Good University Guide 2022).
- Digital humanities facilities allow you to study and research through cutting edge technology, like virtual reality, 3D scanners and printers and a 360 degree fully immersive audio-visual centre.
- Criminology is ranked Top 10 in the UK (10th, The Times Good University Guide 2022)
- Our Law alumni work across prestigious Law Firms, Chambers, and leading companies in over 115 countries across the globe.
- Ranked 2nd in the UK for Music (Guardian University Guide 2022).
Art and Design
- Winchester School of Art is one of only a few specialist art schools in the Russell Group and is ranked in the top 20 in the UK for Art & Design (Complete University Guide, 2022).
- Students will use our exceptional art studio space and facilities, including industry standard pattern-cutting equipment, an Interaction and Prototyping Laboratory (iLab), Shima Sheiki and Dubied knitting machines, a Mimaki printer and a TC2 loom.
- An employability-focused curriculum is taught by lecturers who are experienced practitioners. There is a high level of industry exposure through networking, live briefs and internship opportunities, alongside employability-focused modules to help prepare students for their careers in the creative industries.
- A range of industry partnerships and memberships include UKFT (UK Fashion & Textile Association), BFC (British Fashion Council), Women in Games, UKIE and the IDM (Institute for Data & Marketing).
- Graduates have set up their own design labels, or work at prestigious brands across the globe including Selfridges, Saatchi & Saatchi, Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Oglivy & Mather, Evian, Dior, ActiVision, Harpers Bazaar, ASOS, Nike, and Apple.
Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Southampton is the only UK university with in-house audiology and auditory implant services and our courses are taught by research-active clinical scientists, audiologists, speech therapists and cochlear implant specialists.
- Engineering students benefit from using extensive specialist facilities like our high-resolution 3D imaging centre, wind tunnel complex, the largest towing tank in the UK, anechoic and reverberation chambers and our £48m National Infrastructure Laboratory.
- Chemistry is 1st in the Russell Group for satisfaction with their course and with our teaching (Guardian University Guide 2022). Our Chemistry students will use our state of the art equipment in our new chemistry and chemical engineering laboratories.
- Physics and Astronomy at Southampton is joint 3rd in the UK for career prospects (Guardian University Guide 2022) and highest performing students could study abroad at CERN or the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Southampton has 75 years’ experience in bringing electronics together with computer science. It is 1st in the UK for Electrical and Electronic Engineering and 94% of Computer Science graduates go in to professional roles or further study (Guardian University Guide 2022).
- The University of Southampton is home to The National Oceanography Centre Southampton (NOCS), one of the world’s largest centres devoted to research, teaching and technology in Earth and marine science.
- Ranked in the global top 50 universities and 8th in the UK for Geology (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021).
- Biological Sciences is ranked 2nd in the Russell Group for teaching quality of their course (Guardian University Guide 2022).
- Ranked top 100 in the world for Psychology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
- Geography is ranked 5th in the UK in (Guardian University Guide 2022).
Highfield Campus - Building 100
The Philippa Kaye Library
Muse Coffee Shop
Westquay Shopping Centre
Winchester School of Art Campus
ONCAMPUS UK Southampton Brochure