Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution, a vibrant centre of academic excellence and London’s only specialist provider of evening higher education.
The College is situated in the heart of the University of London’s central campus, next to many other University of London Colleges, including UCL and SOAS. The central location is only minutes’ walk from the British Museum and other famous London attractions.
Established in 1823, Birkbeck has a long history of offering the highest-quality university education. The College is a multi-faculty institution offering over 200 full-time undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
1 Times Higher Education UK University Rankings 2018
- Birkbeck is 30th in the UK for research, with 73% of its research rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ (REF 2014)
- Over 90% of Birkbeck academics are research-active and many are renowned world-class experts in their fields
- Birkbeck was awarded the highest recommendation of broad confidence in its academic standards from the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for higher education.
Visit Birkbeck University of London website
Birkbeck is internationally recognised for excellence in the following subject areas:
- Business, Economics and Informatics
- Social Science, History and Philosophy