The College of Economics and Business offers English-taught undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Economics and Business.
- The College was established in 1922 and has around 5,000 students from all over the world.
- It is conveniently located in the heart of Amsterdam so you can gain a world-class education in one of Europe’s most vibrant and appealing cities.
- The Undergraduate Foundation programme gives you the opportunity to progress to BSc Business Administration, BSc Economics & Business Economics, BSc Econometrics and Operations Research and BSc Actuarial Science.
- The Master's Qualifying Programme gives you guaranteed progression to MSc Economics, MSc Business Economics, MSc Business Administration, MSc Econometrics: Econometrics track, and MSc Econometrics: Data Science & Business Analytics.
- SEFA is the study association for Economics and Business students at the University of Amsterdam. It is one of the largest student associations in the Netherlands with over 6,500 members.
- SEFA provides extra academic support and career guidance. The organisation encourages experience with businesses and cultures abroad, and organises social activities for students.
- SEFA has good relationships with world-leading companies; internship and employment opportunities are advertised through their online vacancy board.
- Hosts the popular interview platform 'Room for Discussion', where you can join in the debate about relevant economic topics and recent events.
The rapid social and economic changes and growing complexity of today’s society require academics and professionals who can integrate different fields of knowledge into new solutions. The interdisciplinary BSc PPLE at the University of Amsterdam provides the necessary tools to address these challenges.
- Politics - The exercise of power has a dramatic impact on which issues make it to the public agenda. An interdisciplinary approach to political science will help you to understand the processes of power and how change comes about.
- Psychology - The human factor is a critical variable in almost all the complex problems we face today. Psychology, as the study of human behaviour, will give you the insights needed to unravel the role we as humans play in topics such as social inequalities or consumer behaviour.
- Law - As a guiding framework for modern societies, law and justice cannot be ignored when addressing complex social issues. Interdisciplinary courses in law will help you interpret problems through the lens of the legal system.
- Economics - Money makes the world go round, and it is often at the heart of many challenges societies currently face. Knowing how and why resources are distributed will give you an advantage in understanding these problems and finding a solution that works for many different types of stakeholder.
- Career perspectives - As a graduate of PPLE, you will belong to the new generation of ‘interdisciplinary thinkers’. If you choose to continue your academic study, PPLE will provide you with a solid basis for disciplinary or interdisciplinary Master’s programmes. You will also be well prepared for an international career in academia, governance/public service or the corporate sector.