South East Technological University (SETU)
Set in the South East of Ireland, SETU boasts some of the most affordable tuition rates and lowest cost of living in Ireland as well as easy transportation and travel to Ireland’s biggest cities.
South East Technological University (SETU) is the first technological university in south east Ireland. With a strong background in tech and STEM, SETU prides themselves on being a hub for innovation, opportunity, and growth. South East Technological University is made up of five campuses, each with their own unique courses and specialities -Waterford, Carlow, Wexford, Wicklow and Kilkenny.
SETU holds partnerships with 100 universities across the EU, including programmes for Erasmus exchange students. SETU boasts an involved and hands-on programme for international students, including a full calendar of events and person-to-person help with housing, job placements, career prep, and more.
- Home to over 18,000 students and 2,000 members of staff
- 95% employment rate six months after graduation
- Students from over 112 countries
- 15% of students are from international backgrounds
- Waterford IT was acknowledged by Times Higher Education for its high-quality research centres with the main areas of research being bio-pharma, communications networks, mobile services, and advanced manufacturing