Feedback, Appeals and Complaints
Feedback to Unsuccessful Applicants
The Centre; Central Admissions; Sales/Authorised representatives or Compliance will provide feedback on request to applicants who have not been offered a place. Applicants who have received an unsuccessful decision are able to request feedback at any time during the admissions year in which they are applying; however the Centre encourages applicants to request this feedback as soon as possible as it may help with any future applications that the applicant wishes to submit. Feedback can be given via telephone or via email.
Admissions Feedback and Appeals
An appeal is generally defined as a formal request (by email) for a decision to be reviewed. An appeal will only be considered where there are adequate grounds which are set out below.
- There is additional and substantial new information that is to be submitted that was either not available at the time of the original application or where there is new information that is noteworthy and appropriate to the original decision communicated.
- There is a reasonable belief or evidence that the published admissions policy has not been followed.
Please note that appeals which are based on errors made by external organisations, agencies or individuals will not be considered. An example of this would be inaccurate predictions of future grades or disputes about the grading of prior formal examinations.
- A written (email) request to firstname.lastname@example.org must be made within 20 days of the communication of the decision regarding the applicant’s admission.
- The appeal should be submitted and addressed to the attention of the Head of Admissions for the relevant Study Business Unit.
- The appeal should outline the reason for the appeal and include any additional substantial new information that was not included in the initial application
- The Head of Admissions will review the application with additional information within 2 working days and will directly communicate their response to the appellant via email with a final decision. If further evidence or information is required to make a more informed decision this will be requested and must be provided within 10 working days otherwise the original decision will be upheld.
- This decision will have no impact in any future applications made.