From our centre at ONCAMPUS UK North, based on the campus of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), students are encouraged to develop the skills required for progression onto degree programmes at the best UK universities.
With our partner UCLan, offering guaranteed progression (subject to achieving progression criteria), students can choose to continue onto a degree at UCLan or apply to any other UK university with our help and support through the UCAS application process.
Why ONCAMPUS UK North?
Medicine UFP offering progression to
UCLan, RCSI, SGU & UNIC
of all universities worldwide (UCLan)
Center for World University Rankings, 2020-2021
subject areas ranked in the Top 20 nationally
Guardian University Guide 2021
- Guaranteed progression to a wide range of degree programmes at our partner university (subject to meeting the specified entry criteria)
- Excellent Higher Education support and advice for students who wish to progress onto other leading UK universities
- Real value for money in terms of programme and living costs
- An ideal study destination, located in the quiet city of Preston, allowing students to focus on their studies whilst offering close proximity to the major cities of Manchester and Liverpool.
NEW UCLan Virtual Tour - click below
UCLan is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business, Economics, Finance and Management
- Management Studies at UCLan is 1st in the North West and in the UK top 10 for overall student satisfaction. UCLan is also 3rd in the North West for assessment and feedback - National Student Survey 2019.
- UCLan offers the LaunchPad Leadership Development Programme to select students to provide opportunities to enhance professional skills.
- Tourism, Transport and Travel at UCLan is 3rd in the UK and 1st in the North West for overall student satisfaction and teaching quality and 1st in the North West and in the UK top 5 for assessment and feedback - National Student Survey 2019.
- Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism at UCLan are ranked in the UK's top 20 according to the Complete University Guide 2020
- International Tourism Management at UCLan was rated 100% for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2019.
- A wide range of professionally accredited degrees. Accreditations include:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - BA (Hons) Accounting and BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Studies offer the opportunity to gain the maximum number of exemptions from the ACCA.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) - UCLan is an accredited centre of excellence and offers the new flagship top-level Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing programme.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) – 2-year Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Development also leads to the Associateship or Graduateship of the CIPD.
Students have work-experience opportunities with world-famous organisations such as Disney, Marriott, Radisson SAA and other large chain hotels and resorts in Europe, the USA, China, Singapore and Africa
Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- The BEng (Hons) Fire Engineering degree is specifically designed to meet the Engineering Council UK’s Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) requirements and exempts students from the academic requirements of the Engineering Council. It also allows graduates to continue to attain Chartered Engineer Status.
- Recognised Centre of Excellence for fire safety engineering and UCLan's research centre in Fire and Hazards Science is second to none.
- Students benefit from significant investment in the latest high quality equipment and facilities available through UCLan's new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre.
- Degrees are accredited by professional bodies such as the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE), Energy Institute (EI) and Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
Law, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Law at UCLan is 4th in the North West for overall student satisfaction - National Student Survey 2019.
- Employability is central to UCLan's LLB (Hons) Law course. Throughout your degree you will be presented with support and opportunities to maximise personal development and career prospects.
- Students can join the Student Law Society, which is run by students for students, which arranges events such as trips to London to visit the Supreme Court, the Royal Courts of Justice and the Old Bailey, a Law Ball and numerous guest speakers.
- The courses are validated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board meaning that they are qualifying law degrees.
- Programmes accredited or approved by leading industry bodies including National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), the Periodicals Training Council (PTC) and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), and industry links with the BBC and ITV.
Medical and Life Sciences
- UCLan is involved in strong collaboration with the National Health Service (NHS) and has strong links to the Society of Sports Therapists and the Health Professions Council (HPC).
- The School of Medicine and Dentistry offers purpose-built facilities among the most modern and high-tech in Europe.
- Centre of Excellence and one of the UK’s regional Physiotherapy hubs for the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Movement Analysis Laboratory is equipped to conduct: advanced motion analysis, force measurement, pressure measurement, muscle and strength assessment, and thermal imagery.
- International students can complete their clinical placements on the programme alongside UK/EU students (additional supplementary fees applicable).
- In the latest National Student Survey (NSS) 100% of forensic science students said that overall they were satisfied with their course.
- Top three university in the UK at which to study sport, recreation, hospitality, leisure and tourism-related courses (The Times Good University Guide).
- Centre for Applied Sport and Exercise Sciences (CASES) is rated No. 1 in the UK for Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2008); links with the School of Psychology.
- ‘Five star rated sports facilities’ including a new £17 million sporting complex offering Olympic-quality training areas.
ONCAMPUS UK North Brochure