About the University of Nicosia
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus, that teaches primarily in English, with more than 12,000 students from over 70 countries across the globe. Located in Nicosia, the country’s capital, UNIC is driven by a pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning, innovation, research, technology, and a continually evolving academic environment.
The Medical School at UNIC is the first and largest Medical School in Cyprus. Progression onto their 6 year MD degree is available from the Medicine UFP and Life Sciences UFP. UNIC is justifiably proud for the 99.4% employment rate of their graduates who are currently working at over 200 medical centers around the world. Clinical training is offered at leading hospitals in Cyprus and the UK and elective options in the US.
Students benefit from world class faculty members, experienced and supportive staff, state-of-the-art facilities and learning resources as well as fabulous student residences, possibly the best student accommodation ever constructed in Europe.
The student-centred curriculum allows for the early development of clinical skills and reasoning, and promotes collaborative learning, critical thinking and reflection, skills that are essential for your future career in medicine.
Why the University of Nicosia?
- UNIC'S medical School is listed in the word Directory of Medical Schools and in the UK GMC and the MD degree is recognized worldwide
- It is ranked among the top 100 universities in the region by QS Stars University Ratings, having placed number 91 in the Emerging Europe and Central Asia (EECA) Region
- UNIC received the highest distinction of 5-Stars in Teaching, Facilities, Inclusiveness, Social Responsibility and Internationalisation
- Many degree programmes and departments were the first of their kind in Cyprus. Over time, several programmes such as Medicine have developed into some of the most well-regarded in Cyprus and in the region. New programmes focus on cutting-edge research, making UNIC global leaders in certain fields.
- UNIC graduates are practising as doctors across the world, including the USA, Canada, UK, other EU countries, Israel and Lebanon.
Medicine UFP offering progression to
UCLan, RCSI, SGU & UNIC
of all universities worldwide (UCLan)
Center for World University Rankings, 2020-2021
subject areas ranked in the Top 20 nationally
Guardian University Guide 2021