Situated in the heart of the North West of England the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is located in the city of Preston a vibrant, cultural and friendly city, located a short distance from the coastline, the Lake District, and the larger cities of Manchester and Liverpool, both of which have international airports.
UCLan is ranked in the top 7% of universities in the world (Center for World University Rankings, CWUR, 2021-22).
• UCLan scored the top rating for teaching, employability, internationalisation, facilities and inclusiveness (QS Stars 2021)
• All 19 academic areas submitted to REF by UCLan have been officially recognised as demonstrating elements of world-leading and internationally excellent research (REF 2021)
• £200 million masterplan transforming the Preston Campus to give it a world-class makeover. This includes a stunning brand-new Student Centre and University Square at the heart of campus, social spaces.
• £32 million was spent on a new Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC) development which opened in 2019
• Ranked 1st for the money invested in student wellbeing services (Student Welfare League Table 2020)
• Preston was confirmed as being the best place to live and work in the North West of the UK (Published by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) 2022 and the Thinktank Demos)
• UCLan’s Professor of Contemporary Art, Lubaina Himid MBE, was awarded the 2017 Turner Prize, one of the most prestigious international visual arts awards