ONCAMPUS Aston is based on the campus of Aston University located in the city of Birmingham. As a top 30 UK university, Aston was the pioneer of the placement year and is renowned for its focus on employability and entrepreneurship.
Aston has been named as University of the Year 2020 (The Guardian). If you study at ONCAMPUS Aston you are guaranteed progression to Aston University on successful completion of your Foundation Programme.
Why ONCAMPUS Aston?
30th overall in the UK
(Guardian University Guide 2021)
for Most Value Added
(Guardian University Guide 2020)
Located in Birmingham
the UK’s 2nd largest city
- Awarded University of the Year 2020 (The Guardian, 2020)
- Awarded TEF Gold for Teaching Excellence
- Shortlisted for Business School of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards 2020)
- 31st for Career Prospects (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Awarded “Best University Careers/Employability Service” at the most recent #NUEawards
- Aston has a triple accredited (AACSB/AMBA/EQUIS) business school which puts it in the top 1% of all business schools
- Its MBA is ranked top 130 in the world and 12th in the UK (QS Business School Master’s Ranking 2021)
- Students are 15th highest earners in the UK, earning 32% more than the sector average five years after graduating (Longitudinal Education Outcomes 2020)
- Located in Birmingham, a diverse, multi-cultural hub for business and industry that has been recognised as the most entrepreneurial region by Start up Britain
- Less than 90 minutes to London and Manchester, Birmingham has great links to Europe with the airport just a 10 minute train ride from the city
Aston University is internationally recognised for excellence in:
- Among 1% of business schools worldwide to have triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA)
- Top 100 in the world for Business and Management (QS rankings, 2020)
- Business graduates earn £11,000 more than UK average five years after graduating (Longitudinal Education Outcomes 2020)
- Gold rated teaching – TEF Gold
- All udergraduate courses come with a placement year or study abroad (this is optional for international students)
- Postgraduate students can access additional modules such as the Aston Global Advantage Programme (a compulsory module) which allows you to work on consultancy projects, run a virtual business or learn how to set up a business with the help of BSeen - the Start Up incubator situated on campus
- Double degrees are available – students can extend their degree by one year to study at a partner business school and graduate with two degrees (the only price you pay is an administrative fee of £1,250).
- Students experience real life business activities through initiatives such as module partnership and in-house business and law clinics
- Aston run a Business Clinic which is an opportunity for students to volunteer to act as a consultant under the guidance of an academic to provide consultancy advice to local companies.
- Virtual internships - one of first UK universities to offer virtual internships. Fully funded places increased from 20 to 70 since COVID.
- Many accreditations for courses including Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) offering exemptions from exams.
- Popular courses: Business and Management, Accounting and Finance, Marketing
Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Placement year option (UG) available for students
- Opportunity for integrated professional placement (PG) Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Sustainable Engineering
- Courses are practical and professionally-relevant – for example HSBC has co-designed their new cyber security degree – very much designed around industry needs.
- Many courses accredited by world-leading organisational bodies such as the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- National projects and competitions, such as Formula Student and the Engineering for People Design Challenge are available for students to join.
- Industry Clubs – working with industrial partners to enrich Aston degree programmes and connect these companies directly to Aston students.
Health and Life Sciences
- Health Professions are ranked 10th in the UK (Guardian University Guide Subject Rank 2021)
- The School of Pharmacy was honoured with a Regius Professorship – one of just 12 universities with reputations for research excellence to receive the prestigious award as part of celebrations for HM the Queen’s 90th birthday in 2017.
- Optometry BSc/MOptom is ranked 1st in the UK for graduate salaries three years after graduation (Longitudian Education Outcomes, 2020)
- MPharm is Top 200 in the world (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019)
- Popular courses: Medicine, Biosciences, Pharmacy, Optometry, Psychology