ONCAMPUS Aston is based on the campus of Aston University located in the city of Birmingham, a multi-cultural, diverse and exciting student city. As a top 25 UK university (Guardian University Guide, 2022), Aston was the pioneer of the placement year and is renowned for its focus on employability and entrepreneurship.
Aston has been named as University of the Year (The Guardian 2020) and awarded Outstanding Entrepreneurial University (Times Higher Education 2020). Aston Business School is also ranked in the Top Global 100 for Business and Management (QS World University Rankings, 2021) and is triple accredited - a position held by only 1% of business schools worldwide.
If you study at ONCAMPUS Aston you are guaranteed progression to Aston University on successful completion of your Foundation Programme.
Why ONCAMPUS Aston?
University of the Year
(The Guardian 2020)
in the UK
(Guardian University Guide 2022)
Located in Birmingham
the UK’s 2nd largest and most diverse city
- Awarded University of the Year 2020 (The Guardian, 2020)
- Awarded Outstanding Entrepreneurial University (Times Higher Education Awards 2020)
- Ranked 25th overall in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Aston has a triple accredited (AACSB/AMBA/EQUIS) business school which puts it in the top 1% of all business schools
- Shortlisted for Business School of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards 2020)
- Ranked in the Top Global 100 for Business and Management (QS World University Subject Rankings 2021)
- 21st in the UK for proportion of students in further work or study within 15 months (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Awarded “Best University Careers/Employability Service” at the most recent National Undergraduate Employability Awards 2020
- Its MBA is ranked top 130 in the world and 12th in the UK (QS Business School Master’s Ranking 2021)
- Aston graduates are among the highest paid graduates in the UK, five years after graduating (LEO 2021)
- Located in Birmingham, a diverse, multi-cultural hub for business and industry that has been recognised as the most entrepreneurial region by Start up Britain
- Less than 90 minutes to London and Manchester, Birmingham has great links to Europe with the airport just a 10 minute train ride from the city
Aston University is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business and Social Sciences
- Among 1% of business schools worldwide to have triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA)
- Top 100 in the world for Business and Management (QS World Rankings 2021)
- Ranked 15th for Economics (Guardian University Guide Subject Rankings 2022)
- Ranked 10th in the UK for Marketing and top 40 in the world (QS World Rankings 2021)
- Business graduates earn £8,500 more than UK average five years after graduating (Longitudinal Education Outcomes 2021)
- All undergraduate courses come with a placement year or study abroad (this is optional for international students)
- Students experience real life business activities through initiatives such as module partnership and in-house business and law clinics
- Aston run a Business Clinic which is an opportunity for students to volunteer to act as a consultant under the guidance of an academic to provide consultancy advice to local companies.
- Aston Global Advantage programme is an integrated professional development module available to students on most MSc Business courses, allowing them to develop transferable skills and gain a competitive edge in the job market.
- Many accreditations for courses including Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) offering exemptions from exams.
- 93% of LLB Law students were satisfied with their course (NSS 2020)
- Ranked 16th in the UK for Social Policy & Adminstration (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 6th for English (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Ranked 17th for Sociology (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- 9th highest earnings for Language and Area Studies five years after graduation - 17% more than sector average (Longitudinal Education Outcomes 2020)
Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Ranked 3rd in the UK for Electrical Engineering (Guardian University Subject Rankings 2021)
- Ranked 7th in the UK for General Engineering (Guardian University Subject Rankings 2021)
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Graduate Prospects Outcomes in General Engineering (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 9th in the UK for Chemical Engineering (Guardian University Subject Rankings 2022)
- Placement year option (UG) available for students
- Opportunity for integrated professional placement (PG) Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Sustainable Engineering
- Courses are practical, professionally-relevant and designed around industry needs – for example HSBC has co-designed their new Cybersecurity degree.
- Many courses are accredited by world-leading professional bodies such as the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- National projects and competitions, such as Formula Student and the Engineering for People Design Challenge are available for students to join.
- Industry Clubs – working with industrial partners to enrich Aston degree programmes and connect these companies directly to Aston students.
Health and Life Sciences
- Ranked 2nd in the UK for Health Professions (Guardian University Subject Rankings 2022)
- Ranked 4th in the UK for Pharmacy graduate salaries, one year after graduating (LEO 2020)
- Ranked 6th in the UK for Optometry (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Optometry and Allied Health graduate salaries (LEO 2020)
- Work placement opportunities with leading healthcare and life science companies throughout your degree
- Aston Medical School and Aston School of Optometry are accredited and regulated by the General Medical Council and the General Optical Council
- Top 10 in the UK for research quality in Aural and Oral Sciences, Biological Sciences, Ophthalmics, Pharmacology and Pharmacy, and Psychology (Complete University Guide 2022)
- The Aston Eye Clinic is the largest optometry teaching centre in the UK
- Ranked 5th in the UK for graduate prospects in Audiology (Aural and Oral Sciences, Complete University Guide 2021)
- Ranked 10th in the UK for graduate prospects in Biological Sciences (Complete University Guide 2021)
- The School of Pharmacy was honoured with a Regius Professorship – one of just 12 universities with reputations for research excellence to receive the prestigious award as part of celebrations for HM the Queen’s 90th birthday in 2017.
- MPharm is Top 200 in the world (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019)
- Popular courses: Biosciences, Pharmacy, Optometry, Psychology
Aston Business School
Selfridges department store in Birmingham
Aston University students
Student at library
International students at Aston University
Students at lecture