Maynooth University’s historical roots stretch back to the establishment of St Patrick's College in 1795, which was named in honour of Ireland’s most famous saint. The modern university as we know it today was founded as a Constituent University of the National University of Ireland in 1997. Located a mere 25km away from the hustle and bustle of Dublin City, Maynooth University offers academic excellence in a renowned university town setting.
Why Maynooth University?
- Ranked #1 in Ireland in the latest Times Higher Education Young University Rankings
- 170 industry partnerships
- 23% of students have international citizenship
- Over 70,000 alumni across the globe
- Students from over 100 countries
- 100+ Student-run clubs and societies
- The School of Business is ranked in the top 20% of Business Schools in the world in terms of research.
- Two Nobel Peace Prize Winners are counted amongst Maynooth’s 70,000-strong alumni.
- Alumni Chapters can be found across the world, including in the United States, India and France.
- 92.7% of respondents go on to secure employment after graduation.