International Year One Program
An International Year One is a one-year (3 term) programme which offers successful students a pathway to Year 2 of university. Students will typically study 3-4 subjects, depending on the pathway chosen or the intended progression degree, as well as English Language. An understanding of English for academic purposes is crucial to complete assignments and bridge any academic gaps, aiding students to succeed at university. As successful students can progress onto Year 2 of a related degree, the IELTS entry levels are higher than for an Undergraduate Foundation.
Students, on average, will spend up to five hours per week per subject in class and be expected to allocate a similar number of hours to independent study.
The benefits of an International Year One include;
- a focussed pathway, equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree in the UK, that is designed to offer the best chance of entry to university
- the offer of guaranteed progression to Year 2 of a partner university (subject to achieving the pass mark required), giving you peace of mind
- the opportunity to study on the university campus, so you feel part of the university from the moment you arrive
- the support of a personal tutor and subject tutors to ensure you stay on track with your study
- to live in university accommodation - mixing with current undergraduate students
- independence. Students are responsible for managing their own time, their independent study, completing homework, cooking, shopping and their budget.
ONCAMPUS offers a number of centres that offer International Year One programmes, click on the grid below for details of our partners:
Find & compare premium qualifications, worldwide!