About University College Cork
University College Cork (UCC) is based in Cork City, the second largest city in the southernmost county in the Republic of Ireland.
When you begin your journey at UCC, you will belong to a diverse and vibrant community of over 24,000 students from more than 100 countries. UCC will support you to become the person you want to be.
UCC was established in 1845 and here, old limestone buildings blend seamlessly with amazing new modern, award-winning architecture. In total, the campus covers over 210 acres, including sports pitches. UCC is committed to delivering world-class teaching so that students can enjoy the best learning experience possible. UCC is ranked in top 2% of universities worldwide (QS ranking) and 6th in the world for sustainability (UI Green Metric).
UCC has all the ingredients for an amazing student experience. With over 50 sports clubs and more than 100 societies will help you to feel right at home. #BeginBelongBecome
Why University College Cork?
- Over 24,000 registered students. 4,000 international students from over 138 countries worldwide.
- The campus is set on 42 acres of wooded ground, yet only a 15 minute walk from the cosmopolitan city of Cork giving students the best of both worlds in terms of environemnt
- 200,000 Alumni worldwide offering great networking opportunities
- Students get exclusive access to support tools such as shortlist.me video interviewing software, that allows students to practise pre-recorded one-way interview questions so you are better prepared when applying for work placements or jobs
- UCC is the No.1 University for research that informs curriculum ensuring students study relevant, topical degrees
- UCC has been voted the Sunday Times University of the Year three times in the last decade.
- The only university in Ireland to be awarded the Sunday Times University of the Year on five occasions since the inception of the award in 2002.
- Ranked as world leader for societal impact
Take a look at UCC's virtual tour here