Cambridge Education Group ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Cambridge Education Group includes CATS Colleges, CATS Academy Boston, Stafford House School of English, Stafford House Study Holidays, and our ONCAMPUS locations across the UK, US and Europe. This policy applies to Cambridge Education Group and all our subsidiary businesses.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain information when you visit our website or apply to one of our institutions, and we recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Cambridge Education Group Limited, Registered in England 06020370. Registered Office: Kett House, Station Road, Cambridge, UK, CB1 2JH. ©
This policy only applies to our websites, systems and processes. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you, you may supply this personally or we may collect this information from anyone acting your behalf, such as parents or educational agents or referees:
- Information that you provide by filling in our electronic forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, requesting further services or applying to study with us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide by completing any paper application form or information request in when applying to study with us. Including copies of written or printed documents you supply to support your application.
- Information you supply to using email, fax, written correspondence or verbally.
- Information supplied by a third party and relevant to you such as your educational references, exam results and English test results.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage, the resources that you access and other communication data.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate data. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better, more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Find out more about Cookies we use here
Where we store and use your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be primarily stored in our own secure data centres in the UK, it may also be shared between the CEG companies and staff as appropriate and as necessary to meet the needs of our business and to deliver your education.
The data may also be transferred to, and stored at, destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, one of our subsidiary companies or for one of our suppliers or agents.
Your data will be processed to support your education, health, travel, accommodation and welfare while studying at a CEG institution. This will include among other things, the processing of your application and visa, arranging your studies, teaching and exams. We will also use it for managing your education, processing your payments or reporting on your progress to you, your parents and agents (where appropriate).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or systems, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and keep your information secure.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone].
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so. This includes exchanging information with national authorities such as, but not limited to, the UK Border Agency and The Police.
- If appropriate we will also share your personal data with companies and organisations for the purposes of regulatory or inspection compliance, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you study with us and you are under 18 we will disclose your data to your parents.
- If you study with us and apply via an educational agent we will disclose your data to your agent.
- In the event of a medical emergency we will disclose your data to the appropriate medical authorities.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our Policy