Amsterdam Student Accommodation
Full support is offered by the team at ONCAMPUS Amsterdam to assist you in finding suitable accommodation before you arrive. ONCAMPUS offers university accommodation through the University of Amsterdam.
Accommodation at University of Amsterdam
- The University of Amsterdam has a number of agreements with housing corporations throughout Amsterdam and can assist international students in finding appropriate accommodation.
- As in many other major European cities, the demand for reasonably priced private housing in Amsterdam is high. Therefore we suggest that you apply for University accommodation as soon as possible.
- The housing locations are spread throughout the city. Some rooms are located in the city centre (5 minutes from the University), others are further away (up to 40 minutes).
- Rent for single room varies from approximately €450 to €850 a month (depending on amenities and facilities), rent for shared accommodation is approximately €350 to €450 a month. Rooms are allocated on a first come, first served basis, and the ONCAMPUS Amsterdam team cannot influence where in the city your room will be.
- All rooms have a bed and mattress, table or desk and chair, wardrobe, bookcase or bookshelves, curtains or venetian blinds and lighting. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge and small cooker(s).
- Pots, pans, rice cookers or kitchen utensils are normally not provided, but often left behind by former students. There are also many shops where these items can be purchased.
Please note that to use the internet in your room you need to bring or buy an internet cable.
Download accommodation guide
- If you are interested in this option, please indicate so on the Amsterdam University Housing Questionnaire
- Rooms are based on a first come, first served basis and space is limited
- Once you have indicated your interest, the University Accommodation Office will send you a link where you can apply for a room. This application system is called ‘InProces’
- If you have any queries you can contact the University Accommodation Office at the College of Economics and Business or the team at ONCAMPUS Amsterdam, who will be able to assist and to talk you through the procedure.
More information regarding in-room facilities can be found at the website of the housing corporation:
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is situated approximately 20 km south-west of Amsterdam. From the airport you can choose from a selection of transportation methods into Amsterdam.
Direct trains to Amsterdam Centraal Station run every 10 to 15 minutes between 6am and 12.30am and every hour during other times. The trip takes about 15 minutes.
Fully regulated taxis are available 24/7 and cost about €50 into the city centre.
You will need to collect your keys from the housing corporation’s office and as their offices are only open during week days, from 8.30am until 4.30pm, we strongly advise you to arrive during the week before induction so that you can move straight into your room.