Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) is a world-class university in the fields of life and environmental sciences. SLU campuses are located across a number of locations in Sweden with its main campus in Uppsala but also Alnarp, Umea and Skara.
SLU features amongst the world's top universities, and in international comparisons, SLU is assessed of a 'very high quality'. In the Times Higher Education Ranking SLU is ranked 36 in the world, and is Sweden's best "young university".
- SLU is a young university with a long history. It was founded in 1977 out of the agricultural, forestry and veterinary university colleges, the Veterinary School at Skara and the Forestry School at Skinnskatteberg
- SLU has a unique role among Swedish universities through its commission to perform environmental monitoring and assessment. This is based on society’s needs, as expressed in national environmental targets, international commitments and the overall objective of long-term sustainable development
- SLU is mainly located at Uppsala, Alnarp, Umea and Skara
- SLU has 34 departments and units
- SLU enjoys a student population of 4,000 students
Lund University is 1st choice for international students in Sweden
HKR Business Administration programmes in Sweden
Evaluations of the Swedish Higher Education Authority (UKÄ)
is voted the best young university in Sweden
Times Higher Education 2018