Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) is a world-class university in the fields of life and environmental sciences. SLU campuses are located across a number of locations in Sweden with its main campus in Uppsala but also Alnarp, Umea and Skara.
SLU features amongst the world's top universities, and in international comparisons, SLU is assessed of a 'very high quality'. In the Times Higher Education Ranking SLU is ranked 36 in the world, and is Sweden's best "young university".
- SLU is a young university with a long history. It was founded in 1977 out of the agricultural, forestry and veterinary university colleges, the Veterinary School at Skara and the Forestry School at Skinnskatteberg
- SLU has a unique role among Swedish universities through its commission to perform environmental monitoring and assessment. This is based on society’s needs, as expressed in national environmental targets, international commitments and the overall objective of long-term sustainable development
- SLU is mainly located at Uppsala, Alnarp, Umea and Skara
- SLU has 34 departments and units
- SLU enjoys a student population of 4,000 students
Open a world of opportunity & become a global graduate
the most creative countries in the world
and is well known for its eco-friendly culture.
countries in the world at providing higher education
Universitas 21 Ranking 2020