Life on campus
Wheelock College, with just 1,200 students, provides a learning environment that is safe, comfortable, and supportive.
ONCAMPUS Boston selected Wheelock College based on its reputation for academics, superior location, and the overall friendliness and welcoming nature of Wheelock students.
Living on Campus
|Wheelock College Campus:
||Living on Campus
- with just 1,200 students
- dining hall, student center, coffee bar, and sports and fitness center
- part of the Colleges of the Fenway, a group of six schools all located in Boston’s Fenway neighborhood
- ONCAMPUS Boston offers you the best of both worlds, providing the ideal American university experience while gaining the support you need
- 24-hour security
- Beds, dressers and desks are included
- Monthly social events for your floor
- Wireless internet access
- Study lounges with computers and printers
- Washers and dryers for laundry
Take the same classes other college freshmen are taking
- In addition to instruction in writing and speaking English, you will take the same classes as other Wheelock students, from the very same Wheelock faculty, and earn the same amount of college credit (12–16 credits per semester).
- After successfully completing ONCAMPUS Boston’s first–year experience, you will have earned 28–32 credits and be on track to earn the 120 credits most schools require to receive a Bachelor’s Degree.
Live on a university campus alongside American students
- Like most college freshmen, you will live in a residence hall (also called a dormitory or “dorm” for short), with a close-knit community of students, that is located right on Wheelock’s campus. This is a mandatory part of ONCAMPUS Boston’s program because residence halls are an ideal place to make friends, socialize, and acclimate to college life in America.
- You will share a room with another student of the same gender who may be American or another international student who speaks a different language than you.
- Your floor will have a Resident Assistant/RA (also a student at Wheelock) who organizes social activities and is there to answer questions.
- There is also a Resident Director, a professional who is responsible for creating a safe and happy environment for everyone in the building. A meal plan is included and you’ll find the dining hall and campus cafes are great places to socialize.
Students live on campus in Wheelock Residence Halls, and have access every day to advisors, peer tutors, and educational counselors to help them acclimate academically and socially.
Find out more about housing options in Boston >
ONCAMPUS Boston Location
Clubs and Societies
- Student Government Association ALANA (Asian-American, Latino, African-American and Native-American Society)
- Asian American Culture Club
- Autism Awareness Club
- Best Buddies
- Black Student Union
- Boston Association for the Education of Young Children (BAEYC)
- Campus Activities Board
- Campus Association of Social Workers (CASW)
- Gay-Straight Alliance
- Juvenile Justice Youth Advocacy Club
- La Herencia Latina
- Schools for Schools
- Sign Choir
- Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD)
- Wheelock Ukulele Union Women of Wheelock (formerly Women's Center)
- X-Clusive (Dance Team)
- Catachresis (Literary Magazine)
- Class Councils FLOW (Fundamental Lyricists Of Wheelock)
There are intramural sports offered by the Colleges of the Fenway. Please follow this link to find a sport that might interest you: http://www.colleges-fenway.org/intramural-sports/ .
It is important to give back to your community. Volunteer Match is a great website to find a volunteer opportunity that best matches your interests. ONCAMPUS Boston staff will provide group volunteer opportunities to all students and we are happy to find addition volunteer opportunities for you too!
Trips and Activities
||Duck Boat Tour
||End of Term
| End of Term Party