ONCAMPUS Sunderland is based on the campus of the University of Sunderland, one of the leading modern universities in the UK. If you study at ONCAMPUS Sunderland you are guaranteed progression to the University of Sunderland on successful completion of your Foundation programme.
Why ONCAMPUS Sunderland?
Cost of a
degree is from
in the UK for Mechanical Engineering
top university in the UK
(Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2015)
- Shortlisted for University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards 2012).
- Best new university in North East England (Guardian University Guide 2012).
- £130 million investment in two campuses has resulted in state-of-the-art facilities and campus
- Excellent value for money for both tuition fees and cost of living.
The University of Sunderland is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business, Economics, Finance and Management
- The Business School is ranked 14th best in the UK (The Guardian 2011), and number one in the North East (Guardian University Guide 2012).
- The Business School has accreditation with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), with many of their undergraduate and postgraduate programmes approved to meet the level 5 and level 7 management standards.
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance has nine exemptions from ACCA.
- Human Resource Management degrees (both undergraduate and postgraduate) are accredited with CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management has dual award status from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Law, Humanities & Social Sciences
- The Law School has been named “Best in the UK for Teaching Excellence” (Sunday Times University Guide 2012), and is first in the UK for student satisfaction; the only UK university law school to achieve 100% student satisfaction (The Guardian 2011).
- The University is ranked 1 one out of 108 Psychology departments in the UK for Teaching Excellence (Sunday Times University Guide 2012), and is accredited by the British Psychological Society.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology is accredited as conferring eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society, provided the minimum standard of Second Class Honours is achieved. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
- The University undertakes ‘World leading’ research in Media (latest RAE), and has the largest Media department in North East England.
- The University of Sunderland’s journalism courses are accredited by the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) and Broadcast Journalism is accredited by the BJTC (Broadcast Journalism Training Council).
- Public Relations at Sunderland is accredited by the CIPR (Chartered Institute of Public Relations).
- The University of Sunderland’s David Puttnam Media Centre provides students with outstanding television and video production facilities and allows students to experience real-life work situations during their study.
- There are strong links to employers and an active work experience programme, complemented by master classes and workshops.
Computing, Engineering & Sciences
- World leading’ research in Computer Science (latest RAE).
- Partnerships with Microsoft, Sony, Sage, British Airways and BT.
- These partnerships allow students to experiment with cutting-edge and current applications and many provide modern hardware and software for our courses, including Microsoft and Sony gaming console technologies and TIM (Blackberry) mobile smartphone and tablets.
- Leading partner in Sunderland Software City initiative.
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) as partially fulfilling the educational requirements for Chartered Engineering (CEng) status, which is the highest level attainable for any undergraduate programme.
- The Engineering department enjoys close collaboration with a number of industrial partners, including Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd, Fabricom, ThyssenKrupp Automotive, Tallent Chassis Ltd and Nicholson McLaren. Students design, build, test and race a 600cc single-seat racing car against other universities in the Formula Student contest. Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd supports our Formula Student team, allowing the University to use their test track and providing car parts and engine development.
Medical and Life Sciences
- The Pharmacy School is ranked 6th in the UK (The Guardian League Table 2013), with more than 90 years’ experience and ‘World leading’ research in Pharmacy (RAE).
- The MPharm degree is accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), the regulatory body of the pharmacy profession.
- 20 years of working with GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer has funded research projects at Sunderland for over 10 years.
- Excellent opportunities for outdoor pursuits and water sports due to the natural, coastal location and Sunderland’s new £20m Aquatic Centre with its 50m pool.
- The University Chancellor is former Olympic athlete Steve Cram, which gives Sunderland excellent links to world-class athletes. In 2010, four-time Olympic Champion Michael Johnson received an honorary Doctorate from the University for his ‘outstanding contribution and ambassadorial role’ in athletics.
ONCAMPUS Sunderland Brochure