ONCAMPUS UCLan is based on the campus of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), one of the leading modern universities in the UK. If you study at ONCAMPUS UCLan you are guaranteed progression to many UCLan courses on successful completion of your Foundation programme.
Why ONCAMPUS UCLan?
Medicine UFP offering progression to
Yr. 1 of MBBS
of all universities worldwide
Center for World University Rankings 2017
for excellence of teaching
(2015 QS Stars Ratings)
- Top modern university in the North West
- A student body of 35,000; 2,000 from over 100 countries overseas
- Value for money and an ideal location
- UCLan was rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in 16 subject areas by Research Excellence Framework 2014
- A huge portfolio of over 600 degrees to choose from.
UCLan is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Business, Economics, Finance and Management
- 5th in the UK for graduate business entrepreneurs (No.1 university in the North West)
- 22 out of a maximum of 24 points for teaching (QAA).
- A wide range of professionally accredited degrees. Accreditations include:
Top three university in the UK to study hospitality, leisure, sport, recreation and tourism-related courses (The Times Good University Guide).
Students have work-experience opportunities with world-famous organisations such as Disney, Marriott, Radisson SAA and other large chain hotels and resorts in Europe, the USA, China, Singapore and Africa.
- The Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT) is one of UCLan’s research institutes in this field and demonstrates their commitment and strengths in this area.
Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- The BEng (Hons) Fire Engineering degree is specifically designed to meet the Engineering Council UK’s Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) requirements and exempts students from the academic requirements of the Engineering Council. It also allows graduates to continue to attain Chartered Engineer Status.
- UCLan Fire Engineering courses are third in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2017)
- Degrees are accredited by professional bodies such as the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE), Energy Institute (EI) and Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
Law, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Law courses are top 20 in the UK for academic support (National Student Survey 2017)
- No. 1 in the UK for journalism research (RAE 2008).
- The courses are validated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board meaning that they are qualifying law degrees.
- Programmes accredited or approved by leading industry bodies including National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), the Periodicals Training Council (PTC) and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), and industry links with the BBC and ITV.
- The latest National Student Survey (NSS) results show 86% of law students said that overall they were satisfied with their course.
Medical and Life Sciences
- UCLan is involved in strong collaboration with the National Health Service (NHS) and has strong links to the Society of Sports Therapists and the Health Professions Council (HPC).
- The School of Medicine and Dentistry offers purpose-built facilities among the most modern and high-tech in Europe.
- Centre of Excellence and one of the UK’s regional Physiotherapy hubs for the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Movement Analysis Laboratory is equipped to conduct: advanced motion analysis, force measurement, pressure measurement, muscle and strength assessment, and thermal imagery.
- International students can complete their clinical placements on the programme alongside UK/EU students (additional supplementary fees applicable).
- In the latest National Student Survey (NSS) 100% of forensic science students said that overall they were satisfied with their course.
- Top three university in the UK at which to study sport, recreation, hospitality, leisure and tourism-related courses (The Times Good University Guide).
- Centre for Applied Sport and Exercise Sciences (CASES) is rated No. 1 in the UK for Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2008); links with the School of Psychology.
- Sponsorship of Delhi Conference for Commonwealth Games and links with organisations such as the FA, the Football League, the International Football Institute, and the International Institute for Golf Education.
- ‘Five star rated sports facilities’ including a new £17 million sporting complex offering Olympic-quality training areas.