Life on campus
The city of Hull is in the East Riding of Yorkshire, on the north bank of the Humber Estuary. It is a gateway to Europe and beyond, with strong transport connections to cities across the UK.
You have the best of all worlds at the University of Hull. Not only does the campus have beautiful surroundings and an abundance of outdoor leisure opportunities right on its doorstep, it is also easy to reach by road, rail, sea or air.
Direct trains to London take as little as two-and-a-half hours. By sea, daily overnight passenger ferries run from Hull to the Netherlands and Belgium. By air, nearby Humberside Airport has direct flights to Europe and a global reach via Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport.
Exceptional study environment
The University of Hull has the perfect combination of heritage and high technology.
- The 125-acre green and leafy campus, complete with beautiful old buildings, offers an inspiring and nuturing for international students.
- The newly refurbished Brynmor Jones Library is world class, combining printed materials and rare books with an unprecedented level of digital connectivity.
First-class student experience
- Student experience is at the heart of everything the University does. This commitment has seen Hull consistently ranked in the UK’s top 10 by the National Student Survey.
- Everything you need closeby across the 125- acre site: from shops to sports facilities, from cafes to computer rooms, from nightlife to library.
- As the UK’s City of Culture for 2017, Hull will enjoy 365 days of world-class arts and culture. There are 1,500 events pledged to take place on campus and around the City of Hull during 2017.
- Teaching at the University of Hull is led by inspirational academics at the cutting edge of research.
- Research and teaching go hand in hand to give you an education that is innovative, relevant and in tune with the world of work.
- Two of the University’s research breakthroughs - the development of liquid crystal technology and a bone density scanner – made it into a recent list of ‘100 discoveries in UK universities that changed the world’ (‘Eureka UK’ published by Universities UK).
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 60% of our research was ranked as “internationally excellent” or “world leading”.
The best preparation for a future career
- Unique Hull Employability Awards scheme helps students to convert their whole university experience into workplace currency, so that employers see you as a distinctive, rounded, three-dimensional prospect and not just an off-the-shelf graduate.
- 93% of graduates get into work or further study within six months of leaving, according to the latest figures from the Higher Education Statistics Agency.