The University of Amsterdam welcomes applications from ONCAMPUS Amsterdam students that have successfully completed their Undergraduate Foundation Programme. The BSc PPLE is a three-year interdisciplinary full-time degree, completely taught in English, and includes a talent development programme and support and advice from a personal tutor.
- A unique combination of four classic socio-economic disciplines to address complex problems in today’s society in an international environment.
- You can choose to specialise in Politics, Psychology, Law or Economics.
- A unique programme in the Netherlands offered by the University of Amsterdam.
- A limited number of highly motivated and talented students are selected each year.
- A small-scale and intensive study programme.
- A learning community with a dynamic international group of young people interested in solving social challenges.
- An inclusive talent development programme.
- Support and advice from a personal tutor.
You will study:
All students cover, among other things, the academic core courses of the undergraduate degree. Interdisciplinary courses such as ‘Law, justice and morality', ‘Beyond hierarchy’ and ‘Decision making’ help you foster a broad mindset and provide a good foundation in the disciplines. This will give you the required knowledge for the courses in the second and third years. In the methodological courses (‘Doing research’), you will learn about the main qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques. At the end of each semester, in the integrated seminars, students conduct a project based on social challenges and themes, such as security, solidarity and global justice.
Year 2 and 3
Students choose to specialise in politics, psychology, law or economics. The majors have been specially and carefully designed by teams of leading scholars from all across the University of Amsterdam. Before receiving the Bachelor of Science degree, students will write an extensive Bachelor’s thesis during the third year.
For progression to BSc PPLE you will need to achieve:
- AAB across three academic subjects with an average of 70% (at least 60% in all subjects.)
- IELTS 7.0 or equivalent, with no single element below 7.0
- Essay assessment and interview
- Motivation letter and CV
Due to a restricted number of places on this programme, applicants are subject to selection by the Admissions Committee of PPLE College.