STEP 1 - Meet all conditions of the programme and receive a Certificate of Enrolment from ONCAMPUS Amsterdam.
STEP 2 - Receive an invitation by email to register on the University of Amsterdam’s online system.
STEP 3 - Upload the required documentation:
- All passport pages (passport valid for at least three months)
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of financial means - 900 Euros x 12 months = 10,800 Euros
- Proof that you have paid the tuition fees. The tuition fees for the entire year will have to be transferred to ONCAMPUS Amsterdam. Alternatively, you can show a bank statement of at least EUR 27.795 (tuition fees plus living expenses).
- Payment of 340 Euros (cost of visa**)
STEP 4 - The University of Amsterdam applies for an entry visa (MVV) (also called “provisional residence permit”) and the student residence permit on your behalf. UvA will send your documents to the Dutch Immigration Department (IND).
STEP 5 - Once the embassy/consulate has permission from the IND, the University will contact you to tell you to contact your embassy/consulate.
STEP 6 - Within 1 – 3 weeks the Embassy/Consulate will tell you when it will be ready, you can go and collect the visa in your own country/country of residency.
STEP 7 - You use the MVV to enter the Netherlands. On arrival, the University will let you know when to collect your residence permit.
** The student will be issued with a visa for 4 years and 3 months from the start of their Foundation programme. The student will need to meet the progression requirements to keep their study visa.