Bachelor’s programmes typically require three years of full-time study, for a total of 180 ECTS credits.
Master’s programmes in Sweden require either one or two years of study, for a total of 60 or 120 ECTS credits. Both versions follow a similar structure: advanced coursework followed by a research-based master’s thesis.
As an international student, if you do not meet the University’s direct entry requirements, you should complete the Pre-Master's Preparation Programme and on successful completion, apply directly to Lund University for a Master's degree. Students will need to have reached the appropriate english language level and already have achieved a Bachelor's degree from a recognised University to be considered by Lund University.
Find out more about the Swedish Visa Process ►
The Pre-Master's Preparation Programme
This pathway is designed specifically for international students looking to progress to Lund University.
- Taught on the campus of Lund University - experience what it is to be part of Lund University whilst studying your Pre-Master's programme
- A comprehensive 26-hour week academic and English programmes to prepare students thoroughly for the demands of a Lund University degree
- All programmes and degrees are delivered in English
Find out more about the Pre-Master's Preparation Programme ►
Lund University - Sweden's top-ranked university
- Established in 1666
- Ranked 70 in the QS World Universities Ranking 2014-15
- One of the world's top 100 university's
- Member of the League of European Research Universities and member of Universitas 21
- Around 42,000 students, 3,000 research students and 100 Master's degrees
- Over 130 nationalities
Find out more about possible progression degrees ►