The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is a modern university with a rich history, providing a high-quality education in inspiring surroundings. The University is a world-class centre for research and teaching, and is committed to helping students think in an original, independent and academic way.
Why ONCAMPUS Amsterdam?
Post-study work opportunities
for international students
ranked university in the world
(QS University Rankings 2017)
international students and researchers from over 100 countries
With over 30,000 students, 5,000 staff, from more than 100 nationalities, it is one of the largest comprehensive universities in Europe.
A highly ranked university, the University of Amsterdam ranked 58th in the 2017 QS World University Rankings, and in the top 20 universities in Europe in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2016-17.
- Member of Universitas 21 and LERU - network of leading research universities
- Over 4,300 international students and researchers from over 100 countries
- Post-study work opportunities in the Netherlands
The University of Amsterdam is internationally recognised for excellence in:
Economics and Business
The College of Economics and Business offers an English-taught undergraduate degree in Economics and Business.
- The College of Economics and Business was established in 1922 and has around 5,000 students from all over the world.
- It is conveniently located in the heart of Amsterdam, offering you the opportunity to gain a world-class education in one of Europe’s most vibrant and appealing cities.
- On completion of the Foundation programme you are guaranteed progression* to BSc Business Administration, BSc Economics & Business Economics, BSc Econometrics and Operations Research and BSc Actuarial Science at the University of Amsterdam.
- SEFA is the study association for Economics and Business students at the University of Amsterdam. It is one of the largest student associations in the Netherlands with over 4,000 members.
- SEFA provides extra academic support and career guidance. The organisation encourages experience with businesses and cultures abroad, and organises social activities for students.
- SEFA has good relationships with world-leading companies; internship and employment opportunities are advertised through their online vacancy board.
PPLE (Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics)
The rapid social and economic changes and growing complexity of today’s society require academics and professionals who can integrate different fields of knowledge into new solutions. The interdisciplinary BSc PPLE at the University of Amsterdam provides the necessary tools to address these challenges.
- Politics - The exercise of power has a dramatic impact on which issues make it to the public agenda. An interdisciplinary approach to political science will help you to understand the processes of power and how change comes about.
- Psychology - The human factor is a critical variable in almost all the complex problems we face today. Psychology, as the study of human behaviour, will give you the insights needed to unravel the role we as humans play in topics such as social inequalities or consumer behaviour.
- Law - As a guiding framework for modern societies, law and justice cannot be ignored when addressing complex social issues. Interdisciplinary courses in law will help you interpret problems through the lens of the legal system.
- Economics - Money makes the world go round, and it is often at the heart of many challenges societies currently face. Knowing how and why resources are distributed will give you an advantage in understanding these problems and finding a solution that works for many different types of stakeholder.
- Career perspectives - As a graduate of PPLE, you will belong to the new generation of ‘interdisciplinary thinkers’. If you choose to continue your academic study, PPLE will provide you with a solid basis for disciplinary or interdisciplinary Master’s programmes. You will also be well prepared for an international career in academia, governance/public service or the corporate sector.
ONCAMPUS Amsterdam Brochure